LegacyGT.com

Subaru Cult

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never gotten a wave in my Legacy, from any Subaru owner. When I had my WRX almost every WRX owner waved at me and my gf thought I was nuts. It angers me that other Suby owners don't even know the Legacy exists. Damn bandwagon fan-boys.

I'm surprised some of the geezers I've seen in Legacys haven't waved a cane at me.

"Gurtrude, what's that whipper snapper doing driving an old man's car!"

There are way too many Scooby's around here, mostly of them are Outbacks and either driven by old women or old guys with beards. No one ever waves. I've only been waved at twice. One by a WRX, but didn't get a chance to wave back due to the high closure rate as he was going the other way. One other time was with a STI, we were both going "go to jail" speeds for a while, longer than I was comfortable with. He kept going, he waved when I caught up to him as he got back on the freeway from getting gas, just as I was getting off to get gas.

I think if you start waving to every Scooby around here, people might get freaked out and call the cops on you.

my g/f waves at sti's/wrx's/lgt's and she drives a mustang. I'm sure there are a lot of guys out there thinking some chick is hitting on them.. when really.. she's doing the subie wave. She thinks it's "cute"

Pics? That way I know if its her that keeps waving at me :lol:

BlackRock, we need a full size pic of your avatar, pronto.:)

now that you brought it up why can't someone click a avatar and have them full size to look at like a thumbnail i think that would be a better feature than some of the ones we have now. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

i think your gf is my fiancee - but it's cool, at least we're keepin' it in the family!:icon_mrgr

To the guy that honked and waved in the silver STI today, thank you for making my girlfriend think I'm in some kind of Subaru cult. :lol:

I'm making a yielding right turn at a stop light and I spot said car in the line across the street.

Silver STI: *Honks and waves enthusiastically*

Me: *Waves in the midst of down shifting and turning (so kind of comical)*

Girlfriend: "Do you know that guy?"

Me: "Nope. Just another Subaru owner."

Girlfriend: ... "Who was that really?"

Me: "I don't know. Never met him."

Girlfriend: "Are you lying to me? Why are you acting strange?"

Me: "It's a Subaru thing. We wave. You don't wave to your fellow Focus drivers?"

Girlfriend: "Are you in some kind of cult?"

:lol:

:offtopic: ~ ive never used that smiley before

ive only gotten 4 waves ~ 2 sti's 1 wrx and scans in his former spec b

why are you picking on me? fweasel is the one who started it. :lol: bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

yup same here.. i saw one of my first ever clearly modified legacy gt's the other night(hid's and yellow piaa fogs). It was dark out but we def both were like hrmmm as we passed eachother.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

To the guy that honked and waved in the silver STI today, thank you for making my girlfriend think I'm in some kind of Subaru cult. :lol:

I'm making a yielding right turn at a stop light and I spot said car in the line across the street.

Silver STI: *Honks and waves enthusiastically*

Me: *Waves in the midst of down shifting and turning (so kind of comical)*

Girlfriend: "Do you know that guy?"

Me: "Nope. Just another Subaru owner."

Girlfriend: ... "Who was that really?"

Me: "I don't know. Never met him."

Girlfriend: "Are you lying to me? Why are you acting strange?"

Me: "It's a Subaru thing. We wave. You don't wave to your fellow Focus drivers?"

Girlfriend: "Are you in some kind of cult?"

:lol:

This is funny. I wave at all Legacy's usually. I always toy with WRX STIs. They get a kick out of it and usually just wave at me. (Ah, wait until Stage 2 my little brother)

I was thinking the other day of how funny it would be to have vanity plates that say --> WRX SR

Back in the dark ages (2000) when all we had was the RS, we all waved and flashed hi-beams at each other every time. A sighting was far and few between so we were really happy when we saw another Subaru owner.

As the WRX came out, less and less people waved. Now, most Subaru owners around here don't even know my car is a Subaru and look at me like I'm retarded when I wave at them.

I tried a "save the wave" campaign a few year back, but it never took hold like I had hoped. I have pretty much thrown in the towel, it's a lost cause.

It's funny that she asked if you were in a cult. Back in the RS days, it was referred to as having a cult following. Many magazine called the Subaru scene "cult like"

Super JDM part out: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65039

PM me an offer!

Back in the dark ages (2000) when all we had was the RS, we all waved and flashed hi-beams at each other every time. A sighting was far and few between so we were really happy when we saw another Subaru owner.

As the WRX came out, less and less people waved. Now, most Subaru owners around here don't even know my car is a Subaru and look at me like I'm retarded when I wave at them.

I tried a "save the wave" campaign a few year back, but it never took hold like I had hoped. I have pretty much thrown in the towel, it's a lost cause.

It's funny that she asked if you were in a cult. Back in the RS days, it was referred to as having a cult following. Many magazine called the Subaru scene "cult like"

Its no different than driving a Jeep or a Harley Davidson.

You wanna talk about a cult, check out HOG (Harley Owners Group)

Those guys hate all other motorcycles period.

Archived