LegacyGT.com

Video of the '05 Legacy Interior

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So the seats were really that bad?? Man, that stinks. Seats are a make-it/break-it deal for me. I won't even *consider* the Infiniti G35 because I hate the seats so much... and Recaros are not available. So if the seats were really that bad... which seats do you like? My favorite seats are these, in no order: 1) Audi S4, firm but awesome; 2) BMW 3-series Sport Seats, 3) WRX seats.

[quote name='ha-evolution'][quote name='SUBE555']They are likely to head out to a track in the Cherry Hill/Phili area. That's what they did with salesman and the STi. I'll probably get to see track footage from one of my salesman if they do something similar to what they did with the STi. :D[/quote] Local dealer went to homestead to the STi unveiling and got to do some hot laps with Subaru rally drivers.[/quote] Our locals went to Phili area. Similar deal with rally drivers.

[quote name='Kevin@SoD']Hey everyone... check out the footage that Hotsubaru.com filmed a week ago at the Dallas Auto Show! [url]http://www.hotsubaru.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=7[/url] -Kevin PS... take a look at the pics too![/quote] Kevin, I'm sure you probably didn't take to much notice, but how did the sound system.. sound? I see that it was on during the filming of the vid.

ahhhh.....you people keep complaining about the seats...Are they really that bad.? I guess when it shows up at the NY Auto Show ill give it a feel. Anyone in the tri-state area going too..?
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

I think I've been the only one really giving them a hard knock. Hopefully the cloth ones won't feel as bad. My basis for opinion rides on have 4 Subaru's in the family (all manuals): -97 Legacy GT Sedan -00 Impreza RS Sedan -00 Legacy L Wagon -02 Outback Sport The 2000's are the most supportive and comfortable if you ask me, the RS seats keep feeling better every time I ride or drive mom's RS. My GT seats are soft but don't really let me move too much, at least my butt stays planted. Each generation feels progressively harder. I found the leather seats in the OB XT (likely to be same as that in the Leg GT Ltd), very hard and bolstering was poor in comparison to even my dad's L Wagon. Not promising in my book. My dad's seats are pretty good, but making the seats harder and less bolstered is really a bad move. I'd have to take another good seat in the production version, but initial take was just what I described. I'm hoping my initial take was off, but I'm pretty sure my body feel was accurate. As I said, I'll see one the dealership gets in a production version. I will say the materials are an enormous step up though, including the leather itself.

I am not a real big guy, probably average at 6'1", about 210lbs (would like to knock off about 20 of that this summer), and I have decently wide shoulders, but I just didn't feel coddled in those seats like any of our other 4. It was the Chicago show at the McCormick Place.

[quote name='Kevin@SoD']From what I felt... it was a firm leather... but the cushioning was very supple... Nothing like subaru has ever had. And you don't know what uncomfortable is until you buy a set of 11lbs Sparcos 8)[/quote] Haha! We have those hooked up to our playstation at work. Im a fair sized guy (6'2" 210) and I can tell you those seats wheren't made to fit my arse, but the back rest is much more comfortable. On long drives the legacy's hurt my back.

[quote name='Ridgeracer']im curious about the wind noises at highway speeds...Also that door closes like an Acura....[/quote] Extemely quite. Too freaking quite. I was hoping to get an air filter just to give it a little more sound but that voids the warranty (!), I've asked.

[quote name='racerdave']So the seats were really that bad?? Man, that stinks. Seats are a make-it/break-it deal for me. I won't even *consider* the Infiniti G35 because I hate the seats so much... and Recaros are not available. So if the seats were really that bad... which seats do you like? My favorite seats are these, in no order: 1) Audi S4, firm but awesome; 2) BMW 3-series Sport Seats, 3) WRX seats.[/quote] As somebody said before its a matter of taste. I'm a sloucher, I hate lower back support.

[quote name='ha-evolution'][quote name='panos']I was hoping to get an air filter just to give it a little more sound but that voids the warranty (!), I've asked.[/quote] That just doesn't sound right. What country are you in?[/quote] An air filter, particularly of the oiled variety, can cause all sorts of problems with a car's running. I can quite easily see that one. Never mind that they don't do anything except make more noise...that's a whole 'nother matter. Kevin

[quote name='panos'][quote name='racerdave']So the seats were really that bad?? Man, that stinks. Seats are a make-it/break-it deal for me. I won't even *consider* the Infiniti G35 because I hate the seats so much... and Recaros are not available. So if the seats were really that bad... which seats do you like? My favorite seats are these, in no order: 1) Audi S4, firm but awesome; 2) BMW 3-series Sport Seats, 3) WRX seats.[/quote] As somebody said before its a matter of taste. I'm a sloucher, I hate lower back support.[/quote] Those S4 seats are very nice (the twin-turbo seats). I liked the Legacy seats when I sat in them, even more than the '04 WRX seats which, as I said in a past post on this topic, hit me in all the wrong places. Then again, I'm more interested in a big dead pedal, where you can press yourself into the seat during particularly extreme maneuvers, because short of a racing seat and harness, you'd be hard pressed to find a consumer seat that will fill the bill for serious performance driving. And I LOVE lower back support, so Panos has answered a question that I had about the Legacy seats. Position-wise, I'm one of those Jackie Stewart folks...sit up straight, slight knee bend, both hands on wheel at 3 and 9 o'clock, all that stuff. Kevin

*thinking out loud* The Passat seats that I sat in a number of weeks back were what I really wanted. Hmm, wonder if I can transfer those seats, they have heat in them. They were the most supportive and comfortable seats I've sat in thus far. Subaru seats don't come close.

[quote name='gtguy'][quote name='ha-evolution'][quote name='panos']I was hoping to get an air filter just to give it a little more sound but that voids the warranty (!), I've asked.[/quote] That just doesn't sound right. What country are you in?[/quote] An air filter, particularly of the oiled variety, can cause all sorts of problems with a car's running. I can quite easily see that one. Never mind that they don't do anything except make more noise...that's a whole 'nother matter. Kevin[/quote] They can cause problems with the air flow sensor. Apparantly subie MAF sensors are particularly sensitive. I'm sure that if you ask people who have changed their filters you'll probably find somebody who had problems. But then again maybe not, it is rather dry and dusty where I live. Also as to just making more noise, I don't neccessarily agree with you on that. In my last car I had put a 7" K&N cone and noticed a significant improvement right away, especially when hammering the gas from cruise speeds.

[quote name='panos'][quote name='gtguy'][quote name='ha-evolution'][quote name='panos']I was hoping to get an air filter just to give it a little more sound but that voids the warranty (!), I've asked.[/quote] That just doesn't sound right. What country are you in?[/quote] An air filter, particularly of the oiled variety, can cause all sorts of problems with a car's running. I can quite easily see that one. Never mind that they don't do anything except make more noise...that's a whole 'nother matter. Kevin[/quote] They can cause problems with the air flow sensor. Apparantly subie MAF sensors are particularly sensitive. I'm sure that if you ask people who have changed their filters you'll probably find somebody who had problems. But then again maybe not, it is rather dry and dusty where I live. Also as to just making more noise, I don't neccessarily agree with you on that. In my last car I had put a 7" K&N cone and noticed a significant improvement right away, especially when hammering the gas from cruise speeds.[/quote] It all depends on what your last car was. On turbocharged Subies, in particular the WRX, for example, a K&N filter, on the dyno, actually cost a few horsepower. On other, normally-aspirated cars, they can make a difference. In most cases, however, it sounds faster, so it is faster. Only the dyno or the stopwatch can tell for sure. Kevin

you do gain hp from intakes AEM and Injen is best CAI company thats out there... and i think they do test'em... or that was what i was expecting... :oops: once again i'm not gonna do whole bunch of things till warrenty expires... but does my warrenty expires if i get like CAI, BOV and either coilovers or lowerin springs????

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

I think my opinion is a bit biased on intakes, BOVs, and how it affects engine management. However since this thread is about the interior, lets try to keep it to that and talk about intakes, BOV's and the such in OT. ;)

Archived