LegacyGT.com

Buying new 07 legacy

Legasee07

hello, my names ron and im currently looking at the 07 LEGACY 2.5i SPECIAL EDITION SEDAN and added the option on leather instead cloth, i been quoted 23,131 without any negotion or anything, i drive teh car today for 175 it gets of the line pretty decent i like it alot, car seems like a great buy, i also got the option to buy an used 2004 Audi A4 1.8T with 30,000 miles for 19,500$ with warrenty till 50K or 08 and extentend avaiale thru audi, so im not sure which i want yet, figured i ask the fourms how this car is? is it worth the money as the dealers say? any common problems? anything in particular i should buy with this car? im thinkin i might just jump to the LIMTED so the leather comes standard plus i get the digital climate but not sure, im im delware and i hear MATTSLAP Subaru is a very good dealer, anybody done bussiness with them tommow? Well i hope you guys could help me with my delima..thanks in advance Ron

well thats what i orginally wanted an used 06, but they all have about 15K miles and are 19K, so i rather spend 3-4K more n get a brand new car i think...but i wish i could wait for the 08, but i need to get a car ASAP, since this will be my daily and my mitsu going in the shop

Well im getting the legacy tommow, figured the Audis just going be to much on maintain overall. Deiced to get the Limited, instead the basic with leather upgrade, this way i can get the heated seats and climate control , trying to get into this car for about 21,900-22,500. Color not sure either the Diamond Gray Metallic with BLK interior or the Brilliant Silver Metallic with BLK interior,

the regular base is listed at 22K with 1,100+ for leather upgrade, which brings it to 23,100 + tax n tags, now their giveing me the winter promotion from suby, 750$ cash back but doubleing threw thier dealership so $1500-, which in essance makes the leather upgrade free and only leaves 400-. So 21,600 is left, which he said is still to work with, so with tax i think the price i listed above is reasonable, but im still thinkin of not getting the base model, and move up to the Limtied and get that for about high 22z or lower 23z.. well see im going to the dealer around lunch time. wish me lucky suby owners!!!!

Im near philly and i bought the 2.5 se. I love it. I was out looking for a mazda3 hatch and couldn't find what i wanted. I got mine for right around 20k The funny thing is that i have seen used 05s and 06 going for 19!! The used market seems to be a mess anymore. I was finding 06 mazdas for only a grand less than a 07 and the 07s have traction control and stability control. I considered the turbo but i have a crappy ride to work and would rarely use the power.

Any particular reason why you feel this way?

Yeah, I am wondering as well. There have been a few threads on this and the only things the '08 *might* get over the '07 are VDC and a minor face lift. If anything, I'd say the '06's are the red-headed step children since they weren't the first and they don't get SI Drive!

Its offical just bought the 07 Legacy Limited 2.5i, 18 miles on the dash, Paid $22,190 Out the door, tax and Tag (5 year tag), Got it with the options of, arm rest extender, rear dome light and auto dim homelink mirror. Post pics tommow, when i pick it up all fresh n clean, since it was raining today

hey i just picked it up tonight, already love it...i got the autodim mirror, its nice i mean see if thell throw it in for free like mine, i just lied to the dealer said the other local dealer said thell throw that in, along with the arm rest and rear dome, but the car i got today, also had mud guards and weathermats, which they realized after i paid for it lolz, Score!!!!...

Simple really.

The '07 is a spruced up '05/'06 with some options that are nice however with the facelift for the '08's coming Mid-August next year, do you really want to buy an '07 knowning the facelift is coming and regreting getting what (IMO) will be a better car all together?

You have to remember, Subaru's life cycle for cars is about 2-3 years tops and I'm anxious to see what the '08's will have to see whether or not I'm going to trade up for one because of all the changes that are coming.

Needless to say I'm not stating how to spend your money but for the options that are going to be available "standard" and w/ the redesign, I would put my money on waiting for the info/details on the '08's.

The '07 is a spruced up '05/'06 with some options that are nice however with the facelift for the '08's coming Mid-August next year, do you really want to buy an '07 knowning the facelift is coming and regreting getting what (IMO) will be a better car all together?

I've seen MANY facelifts that sucked. Don't just assume that a car will look better with a facelift.

Who said I was getting an '07? Another assumption.

You like the 07 JDM? It looks like a POS to me. To each his own I guess. :lol:

I'm not a fan of the '07 JDM either. I don't understand how a car that has everything the '05-'06's have plus fold down seats, mp3, etc. is gonna be a redheaded stepchild. In fact, I think it will be the best model because of SI Drive and it is lighter than the '08's are supposed to be. In another thread I read it says that Subaru is going to steel instead of aluminum thus increasing weight and decreasing acceleration numbers.

Also, does the inclusion of VDC mean that I won't be able to do donuts in an '08 Legacy? Just asking...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived