LegacyGT.com

If you do a factory order can you pay more for custom color?

For example, the plant where Subaru makes the new Legacies has all the different colors of paint for every Subaru that that plant produces-- paint that doesn't 'come on' the new Legacy normally. Lets say they have World Rally Blue, if I wanted to can I pay extra and have them make *MY* Legacy World Rally Blue? (Even though the car doesn't 'come' in that color)? My suspicion is no, but I don't understand why as it seems it wouldn't cost them anymore and it'd be an easy way to get a few extra bucks from people who wanted it. -Allen

I'm going to say 99.9999% chance no. They do not use that color in the factory they make Legacy's in anyhow. They would have to fully retool for just one car of that specific color and that would be a special order of that paint supplies, and on and on, so unless you're ready to pay perhaps a couple grand extra if it's even possible, you might want to check out the Atlantic Blue which looks pretty nice in the non-mfg photos.

Well the World Rally Blue was just an example, I'm saying one of the colors they DID use in that factory. For example, the 2.5i comes in color 'A' that isn't avaialble on the 2.5gt Limited. They already use that exact same color on that exact same line -- why can't they just spray the "Color A" on the 2.5GT limited and charge me $1500 more?

I suppose I'd have to ask the DEALER this? I just can't imagine they know (they never seem to know anything). Perhaps SOA themselves? I wonder who I call. Hmm... Of course, Regal Blue kicks ass so I might just stick with that anyway :P -Allen

Not sure how dark Regal Blue Pearl is, but I'm sure someone can answer that. I'm wondering about Atlantic Blue Pearl. On the website, it looks a lot like Honda S2000's Suzuka Blue color. Any thoughts/comments on this?
-ben

Archived