LegacyGT.com

SPEC vs RPS clutch

Silverstar

I just received my clutch kit, but found that I don't have the ACT pilot bearing.

The car is already at the shop with the tranny out, so I'll need a bearing quick before the trans is ready to go back in. Does anyone know if I need the ACT bearing? Can I just use a stock 2.5RS bearing?

Thanks!

use the lgt bearing. if you get a 2.5rs beaing, you have to use a diffent fork. your stock bearing will fit

I think you mean the throw out bearing, I planned on using the stocker. I don't think the stock pilot bearing will work with the ACT flywheel...

yeah thats what i meant. i bet the 2.5rs pilot bearing is identical to the lgt bearing. after all the clutch alignment too is the same shape as the 2.5 rs pilot bearing and they are supposed to fit in to the pilot bearing.

It's the same part.

The dealer looked up the part # for me, looks like all Subarus since around '98 or maybe before, have the same pilot bearing.

I don't believe the LGT pilot bearing is the same as the RS bearing. You DO want an RS bearing for the ACT flywheel.

I went through this when I had my clutch installed. Due to a part being mislabeled, the pilot bearing I got with the kit did not fit. On a hunch, I tried a '99 RS 2.5 pilot bearing the dealer happened to have in stock and it worked. The stock LGT bearing would NOT have worked with the ACT flywheel...

Archived