LegacyGT.com

Next Upgrades, Any Ideas?

Ok folks - i have an 05 2.5 LGT LTD - so far i have added:

Borla Exhaust

Borla Headers

Unorthodox Racing Pullies

Cool Air Intake

Estiamtes (not yet dynoed) 300 at fly wheel, around 255 to the tires.

My goal is to hit 350 to the wheels - and still keep her as a daily driver.

i was thinking about upgrading with:

Downpipe (with cat)

Cobb Tuner

Turbo Gauge

Boost Controller

Strut bars

Lowering Springs

Rims and Tires

Blowoff Valve

Short Throw Shifter

Can anyone help me figure out what brands are best?!?!?!?! :confused:

I'm still pretty new to all this stuff so any help would be greatly appreciated. :icon_mrgr

Basiclly what you have done are the things ppl do after Stage 2...which is new uppipe, downpipe, and cobb AP stage 2.....but with the mods you have now adding an upipe, downpipe, cobb AP with a TDC map made exactly for what you all have will give a great power gain..

Brands

Cobb DP

Cobb AP

Cobb,Perrin,or basiccly any decent uppipe....wrx ones will work too

TDC custom map if you really want power... but cobb stage 2 will work jsut fine

+1 but the downpipe has more options than just the cobb i have a perrin catless some people complain about the smell but i dont smell anything. I also have the perrin Top Mount Intercooler which is a good addition. I would get the Accessport first and foremost though especially with the new V2 out get it from TDC and you can get a good price on the map too.

+ 2 on the downpipe and AP with custom TDC map, those will give you the biggest gains. Also consider upgrading the intercooler, you don't notice now but you will in the Texas summer. Lastly, dont forget your suspension, upgrade your dampers, springs sway bars and some good tires.

Invidia makes a nice uppipe and downpipe I hear, but Cobb's are top notch ($$$). The BOVs I know of are GFB?, Blitz, and Turbosmart. Check out the vendors here in the Marketplace. They will most likely give you the best deals on parts. The best advice I can give: Read, read read!

You will learn a lot.

with your current mod list i doubt your close to your estimates especially without any tuning.

for power you need to pick up a down pipe and up pipe along with an access port.

if you want 350 to the wheels forget about doing that on the stock turbo.

lastly, don't push suspension to the back burner. your going to have all that power and no way to put it to the ground. you'll want to stiffen up your suspension so your car doesn't try to take flight. I've seen pics of a stage 2 car on the drag strip while running stock suspension. the front tires were almost completely off the ground....your power is not getting to where it needs to be. not just off the line...think of hitting the gas coming out of a turn...your stock suspension will let the car raise and float....firm it up and you'll rocket around turns. and don't forget about tires...you'll need sticker rubber to tame your new found horses.

Recommended brands:

Cobb (Accessport, sways, up pipe, downpipe)

Cusco (suspension)

Crucial Racing (down pipe...shorty option allows you to keep stock 3rd cat, midpipe with HFC or Race pipe)

Invidia (up pipe down pipe)

PDE (up pipe down pipe)

iON (springs)

Perrin (TMIC)

Maryland turbo solutions (FMIC, turbo upgrades)

TDC tuning (tuning, power packages)

Get that bov and boost controller out of your mind for now. You've already gone against the grain with your mods.

To get to 350 whp

add

cobb dp, some uppipe (pick one), 20g turbo, prodrive boost selenoid,

http://www.deatschwerks.com/subaru.htm 740 injectors, avo fuel pump, fmic

(skip top mount all together for 350whp+)

and find a good tuner.

Matt

Invidia makes a nice uppipe and downpipe I hear,

+1 I have the invidia....great pipe. very thick flanges, but light. stainless...etc.

TDC tuning recommends it and says it's pretty much as good at Cobb's and $100 less! Unless you opt for Cobb's Inconel up pipe.

You forgot tires and brakes. Those should be your first upgrade.

Meh... unless you find yourself at the track a lot, then the stock brakes are fine.

I never hit the track, so in my situation, I'd do suspension (springs, dampers, sways, various bushings), wheels/tires, boost gauge, AP + Stage 1 tune, then slowly save for an exhaust and Stage 2 (or greater) stuff.

I also have the rear-facing infant seat mod. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

ok well here is what i have looked up so far, let me know what you all think:

Cobb:

Turner (newest version)

Springs

Downpipe

Short throw shifter

ADR: wheels 17x7 40mm offset

Falken Ziex tires 215/45/17

All of this for $2250 (parts only) Good deal?

i'm trying to get it to the 350whp

350 to the wheels then you will need to move away from the stock turbo and fuel system.

You could get close to 350 to the crank on the stock turbo, but your going to need a lot of stuff.

ok well here is what i have looked up so far, let me know what you all think:

Cobb:

Turner (newest version)

Springs

Downpipe

Short throw shifter

ADR: wheels 17x7 40mm offset

Falken Ziex tires 215/45/17

All of this for $2250 (parts only) Good deal?

Not a great deal, I would

1. Get Cobb tuner through TDC and get a map included for a discounted price.

2. Cobbs Springs seem fine, I have ION springs and love them (need swaybars too)

3. Downpipe, I have an Invidia downpipe, quality is excellent and alot cheaper than Cobb.

4. I would keep your stock wheels and upgrade just the tires and with the money you save add the Cobb Swaybars and upgraded Hawk or Bobcat brake pads.

Check the Wheel FAQ's I think the 40MM offset is not optimal for a LGT

Not a great deal, I would

1. Get Cobb tuner through TDC and get a map included for a discounted price.

2. Cobbs Springs seem fine, I have ION springs and love them (need swaybars too)

3. Downpipe, I have an Invidia downpipe, quality is excellent and alot cheaper than Cobb.

4. I would keep your stock wheels and upgrade just the tires and with the money you save add the Cobb Swaybars and upgraded Hawk or Bobcat brake pads.

Check the Wheel FAQ's I think the 40MM offset is not optimal for a LGT

ok keep in mind folks i am still new at all this so i can get a confused with cretain abbreviations. :icon_mrgr

1. Above you mentioned getting the Cobb tuner through TDC, who/what is TDC and where can i find a website on it?

2. you mentioned checking out the iON springs, but i can't seem to find a website for them, got any good ideas where i can look up the info?

3. you also mentioned looking into brakes do you mean the entire break system? just pads?

Thanks for the tips on the wheels i thought a 40mm would not be the best i just needed to convince a friend of the same thing!:icon_cool

ok keep in mind folks i am still new at all this so i can get a confused with cretain abbreviations. :icon_mrgr

1. Above you mentioned getting the Cobb tuner through TDC, who/what is TDC and where can i find a website on it?

2. you mentioned checking out the iON springs, but i can't seem to find a website for them, got any good ideas where i can look up the info?

3. you also mentioned looking into brakes do you mean the entire break system? just pads?

Thanks for the tips on the wheels i thought a 40mm would not be the best i just needed to convince a friend of the same thing!:icon_cool

1. TDC Tuning is a vendor. An Accessport usually sells for $645, you can buy an Accessport from TDC Tuning with their map (better performing software created by TDC Tuning which is usually $150 by itself) for $700. It is what I have along with many others on the site and are very happy with the quality of TDC's work.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48882

2. There are many options for springs. I purchased ION springs since they were designed for use with the US market struts. http://www.ionperformance.com/, here's info on the springs http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24363&highlight=ion+group+buy The Cobb springs were not available when I bought the ION's, they are getting good reviews and cost less that ION's, I would buy them if I was in the market now.

3. I do not like the feel of the stock brakes, though they work fine. I added Goodridge brake lines for a firmer pedal feel. And I am upgrading pads next for better initial bite when you first get on the brakes.

Archived