LegacyGT.com

Freeair 8" for trunk mount on 05

CDubbs

Heres a link to a search on bizrate or whatever for those that are passively looking... [url]http://www.bizrate.com/buy/products__cat_id--11940000,keyword--8+free+air,search_box--1.html[/url] PS Anyone know offhand what outputs are used for the dealer installed underseat job? Does it just piggyback off the signal wires for the rears? Thanks in advance, -Chris
No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

I tore my head unit out, dont worrie its what i do for a living, but the dealer just taps into the outputs of the stock speaker wire sorry to dissapoint. i took the thing out so i could re-run the blue wire that runs to the factory sub, when things like that are run over the carpet it drives me insane. I saw that hole in the rear deck and was considering the same thing. probably gonna tear apart the rear seats and the rear deck this week just to check it out. i will tell you about it if you need some advise

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

Good deal thanks for looking into it... How silly would it be to piggyback off the stock unit to the trunk and mount a second sub there? Do you think the signal degradation would be too severe?
No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

well if you are gonna piggyback just the signal i dont suggest it at all actually if you do that the ohm load would drop well below acceptable levels for your deck and would fry it. two suggestions 1 Take out the Factory Sub and use its wires for new rear sub its plug on the sub box is easy to pull and test 2 pull the plug for the stock sub run a 2 channel amp and put one channel to the new sub and one to the factory one( note this is the hard part cause the sub has an internal amp and you would have to bypass that by tearing apart the box and messing with the internals

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate

[quote name='CDubbs']Heres a link to a search on bizrate or whatever for those that are passively looking... [url]http://www.bizrate.com/buy/products__cat_id--11940000,keyword--8+free+air,search_box--1.html[/url] PS Anyone know offhand what outputs are used for the dealer installed underseat job? Does it just piggyback off the signal wires for the rears? Thanks in advance, -Chris[/QUOTE] ok at work today on lunch i took my seats off and got to that hole, i think in "not USA" they offered a 8" sub in the rear deck, not this crap under the seat we got here. but to let you know how to get to it. 1: pull the bottom of the rear seat up (it is made to pop out) 2: take out 4 "12 mm" bolts from the bottom of the "back" of the rear seat 3: lift the "rear" vertically so it unclips from the car and pull it out 4: use a "panel popper" to pop the three panel clips from the rear deck 5: if you have a scew driver (yes i said scew not screw) or called and angle driver you can pull out the plate that goes in the 8" spot note: if you have a bigger sub sitting in the trunk by pulling out the hole cover panel you can increase the sound that gets into the cab of the car have fun guys

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate

so, Pimpfro, you're suggesting that the simplest way to get a signal to an aftermarket amp in the trunk would be to tap off the rear speaker wires? sounds like tapping from the factory sub is a bad idea altogether, at least for reasons of simplicity.

[QUOTE=Rexmobbin']so, Pimpfro, you're suggesting that the simplest way to get a signal to an aftermarket amp in the trunk would be to tap off the rear speaker wires? sounds like tapping from the factory sub is a bad idea altogether, at least for reasons of simplicity.[/QUOTE] actually no. i suggest tearing out the deck and tapping into the other wires in which the stock sub is not connected to. if you were to tap into the rear speakers at the door it will be a pain in the butt to run the wires from the door through the grommet it can be done but i hate doing it cause its so hard. all you really have to do is make sure the ohm load isnt too low with the stock deck keep it at 4 ohm or higher

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate

Archived