LegacyGT.com

Items to Consider: Rear Deck Sub and CleanSweep Competitor

LGT4u2nv

Pioneer has an 120W 8" shallow mount free-air sub available:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069929_297969765,00.html

That sub should fit really nicely in the rear deck hole that subaru has conveniently supplied for us. That plus a small amp mounted to the back of the rear seat or underside of the rear deck would take practically no space at all.

Alpine is coming out with a unit that appears to be a direct competitor for the JL Audio Cleansweep.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/product.php?model=PXE-H650

Let's hope the price is competitive as well!!

Alpine's been promising that unit since summer, wonder if they'll ever get it out. One would assume they'd want it out for the Xmas shopping spree, so they must have some real issues to keep delaying it.

Still, I think it's the most promising of all the OEM integrators.

• 2 months later...
hey guys just to let you i have alpine vehicle hub pro in my ride along with the alpine touchscreen and i love it, the sq is awesome. as far as the quality versus jl, or rf. as far as i am concerned the vehicle hub blows them out of the water.

-Josh Herrera

-2007 DGM OBXT

Be warned, there are many, many, many rattles to be worked out if you want the sub in the rear deck. I gave up and disconnected the sub

You used this particular sub or was it another free-air sub. Not that It would really matter that much but I'm just curious.

You used this particular sub or was it another free-air sub. Not that It would really matter that much but I'm just curious.

Any sub is going to multiply the creaks and groans of the Legacy. It really doesn't matter what sub you use, the vibrations are just going to give more rattles than the car already has.

I used a discontinued Memphis Audio sub, and then a PolkMomo. The trunk retaining bars being RIGHt there is what most of the noise is, and then the third brakelight hitting the rear window b/c of the reverberations.

Couldn't those issues be resolved? I feel like if you were to somehow pad the light, and insulate the rattling parts on the bars, it would go away...Not easy, but definitely fixable.

Also, if you search this on Ebay, you can get it for around $80-100, a lot less than list price.

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

Couldn't those issues be resolved? I feel like if you were to somehow pad the light, and insulate the rattling parts on the bars, it would go away...Not easy, but definitely fixable.

Also, if you search this on Ebay, you can get it for around $80-100, a lot less than list price.

I'm sure you could do that. But the added vibrations from the sub, over time, will just cause more problems.

Don't get me wrong, I love the stereo LOUD. But for now, I'd rather not deal with rattles.

You'd have to pad the bars, pad the brakelight, figure out a way to get the actual shelf from rattling, seal up the car seat anchor point covers, and then a couple more things. Trust me, I've tried most, if not all of it, and just don't have the time to mess around w/ it anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

NALegacy, what did you end up doing?? you got a sub in the thunk or did you go with some other creative solution?

ps-i've always wanted to put a sub in the rear deck. do you think its possible to get out all the vibrations with enough time or no?

Archived