LegacyGT.com

Dash Gauge Illumination levels Too bright??!!

fast_5BE

On my LGT, the lowest I can get my illumination level to go is number 4, whether the headlamps are on or not (apparently there are two numbered sets, one for lights on, one for lights off). The manual says that there are six light settings (brightness 1-6), but I only have 4-6. It seems my little know, when backing off from six, takes two clicks to reduce one level, and will only go down to 4. This is irritating me, because 4 is too bright for me at night when its dark out.

Is mine screwed up (I bought the car used, so I don't know if it was like this new), or is there an adjustment I don't know of? Has anyone else experienced this?

You got the ill6...

You sure you are using the switch to the left of the steering wheel on the dash? There is just one knob you turn. Goes from 1-6

IF you are using the right knob and it still isnt working, there was a TSB on the switch and the dealer should replace under warranty.

I am using the roller wheel switch to the left of the steering wheel. The owners manual says it goes from 1-6, but mine only goes from 4-6! I don't know which knob to the right you are referring to (for illumination).

And I do know about the * button above the display button. It makes it brighter - same illumination level as w/ headlamps off - but again, only illumation levels 4-6, albeit brighter.

I am using the roller wheel switch to the left of the steering wheel. The owners manual says it goes from 1-6, but mine only goes from 4-6! I don't know which knob to the right you are referring to (for illumination).

And I do know about the * button above the display button. It makes it brighter - same illumination level as w/ headlamps off - but again, only illumation levels 4-6, albeit brighter.

Go to a dealer, they'll fix you up.

Go Cardinals!

Yeah, that's what I figured I'd have to do. I'm just lazy and was hoping there was an easy fix.

Easy Fix:

http://www.maximumeyewear.com/productfolder/designer-sunglasses/ray-ban/wayfarer/john-belushi-sunglasses.jpg

:lol: :lol:

teh ill6 is just not fun!!11

X

---

Archived