LegacyGT.com

REAR ENDED!!! body shop advice?

So i was on my way to the woodbury common outlets in NY and getting off the off ramp everyone stops short as do i (good brakes) but the person behind my dosent seem to stop in time and rams right up my bumper and into my trunk. So need a new bumper/ trunk door. So im filing a claim and what not, but just wondering what prices should i be expecting this to cost and what are good body shops to go to in the CT fairfield county area? Thanks guys!

I have to admit I have been there, my current MY01 suffered a 70KPH smash. I was stationary and was hit from behind. There was extensive damage although I was ok a few days later, just a very sore neck. There was roughly AUD8K damage. My suggestion would be to talk to your recommended repairer and have a look at a few of the cars that they have done. It took about 3 weeks to get my car back on the road which was great and it came back just like brand new. The panels, seals, welds, paint, everything looks fantastic. I was really worried about the drive of the car being off, but it worked fantastically. Let us know how you go, sorry to hear about your accident but just keep in mind, as long as you are ok, the car can always be fixed/replaced, ppl are a little harder to mend. Take care Adam.

I got rear ended about a month ago in my 2005 GT, had about 600 miles on it. I was pushed into another car. The rear and front were completely smashed. Damages were $10,000. I traded it in wrecked for another GT, and of course have to sue the insurance company for diminution value. O, and my new GT after having it for 4 days got backed into by stupid girl that didnt realize you have to look before you drive. Thats gonna cost ~$600. Hope you were not hurt.

[quote name='thuban114']I got rear ended about a month ago in my 2005 GT, had about 600 miles on it. I was pushed into another car. The rear and front were completely smashed. Damages were $10,000. I traded it in wrecked for another GT, and of course have to sue the insurance company for diminution value. O, and my new GT after having it for 4 days got backed into by stupid girl that didnt realize you have to look before you drive. Thats gonna cost ~$600. Hope you were not hurt.[/QUOTE] no thanks. i'll walk

I got rear ended at a stop light in my '05 after a week of ownership. 1st accident in 12 years. Luckily I only had bumper damage. Bumper plus impact material was $315 list from Subaru, while labor and paint tacked on another $300. The biggest hastle was a three week wait for parts and paint, even though the body shop is associated with a Subaru dealer.

Archived