LegacyGT.com

Sirius FM Relay

snow_072

I'm assuming you still need the Sirius unit to xmit FM? It's just now being directly inputted into your stereo? This would help a great deal for me because of all the radio interference I got from my Sirius unit.

Also, has anyone found a Sirius unit that actually matches our interior lighting? The blue annoys me.

older sportsters have changeable back lighting. Red is a choice. Check radios that show amber by default. A lot of older radios can be changed. I have an older sportster I no longer use, I hardwired a "blue" starmate.

How can I tell if its one with interchangable backlighting? I'd LOVE a red or white sirius unit!

I was considering tearing apart my Sportster Replay and swaping out the LEDs to red or white ones (if thats even possible).

Is the older sportster you have, have the interchangable backlighting?

My older one has red, but it also has a mar on the screen.

They use to say if the color could be changed. I believe older Blaupunkt & Alpine plug n play units were also changpable.

I dont recall seeing a white display on any units

• 4 weeks later...

I love it Live In NYC area listen howard on 92.3, his old FM channel, block all external static and background noise, not much better in actual audio quality unless you count no longer hearing background FM noises.

I didn't read all the thread. But, will not fit without an adapter. You can just checkout and search on this site for the "jazzy mod" have had it almost a year and it works great. Then you can plug anything into your radio( Ipod , navi, sat.,etc..). He gives you everything you will need. I use it for my satt. radio and mp3 player. It's easy to install and he give realy good instructions. hope that helps.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I love it Live In NYC area listen howard on 92.3, his old FM channel, block all external static and background noise, not much better in actual audio quality unless you count no longer hearing background FM noises.

Why not use an empty frequency?

Why not use an empty frequency?

To respond there are no such things as empty frequencies in the NY area, for example 87.9 is empty where I live, where I work it is a low wattage Spanish station, it is like that on every channel, and in New York City forget about it.

The extra cash for the adapter and the modulator makes it well worth the expense and had it done during install so it did not cost any extra.

Archived