LegacyGT.com

Hybrid Altima

We need no stupid hybrid. Hybrids are for brainwashed tree huggers and they do more harm than good, when the time to dispose the battery comes.

Subaru, bring the diesels!!!!

We need no stupid hybrid. Hybrids are for brainwashed tree huggers and they do more harm than good, when the time to dispose the battery comes.

Subaru, bring the diesels!!!!

Ok, diesels get slightly better gas mileage than gasoline. However, unless you get bluetec theyre dirtier vs. non polluting hybrids. Here's the key: automakers dont offer powerful diesels. Therefore, you could for example take the 1.8L engine from the Corrolla which is 130 hp, couple it to a hybrid system and tada, 160 hp....wouldnt that be nice? I mean could imagine driving a 2.5L turbo and get 250 hp while getting 35mpg instead of 20 and leaving pollutants?

Consumers want hybrids since gas prices are up and will stay up. Nissan can now satisfy that demand. Subaru cannot. Its money lost.

Ok, diesels get slightly better gas mileage than gasoline. However, unless you get bluetec theyre dirtier vs. non polluting hybrids. Here's the key: automakers dont offer powerful diesels. Therefore, you could for example take the 1.8L engine from the Corrolla which is 130 hp, couple it to a hybrid system and tada, 160 hp....wouldnt that be nice?

Eh, dirtier is overrated. Main culrpit was high sulfur diesel, finally phased out (as usual U.S. is catching up 20 years later).

You'll see powerful diesels coming. New bluetec rocks. I really do hope BMW and others do follow and bring their juicy diesels soon. BMW 535d... mmmmmmmm.

Eh, dirtier is overrated. Main culrpit was high sulfur diesel, finally phased out (as usual U.S. is catching up 20 years later).

You'll see powerful diesels coming. New bluetec rocks. I really do hope BMW and others do follow and bring their juicy diesels soon. BMW 535d... mmmmmmmm.

I think that you also have to remember that diesels have never caught on in the States. Why would they now?

I think that you also have to remember that diesels have never caught on in the States. Why would they now?

Because the won't be made by Big 3 like in 70s?

Or maybe because American customers are NOT THAT STUPID as everyone seems to imply?

Or maybe gas will be $5/gal soon?

Or maybe because modern diesels pawn gasoline engines and have nothing to do with the crap from 20-30 years ago (except buring diesel).

Replaced ?

A diesel engine will last twice as long as a gasoline engine, and with no toxic batteries to be disposed of after 5 or 10 years.

How many people here drive a Legacy thats older than 10 years? uhhh, maybe 1%. So who cares if diesels last longer. Americans dont drive their cars that long.

How many people here drive a Legacy thats older than 10 years? uhhh, maybe 1%. So who cares if diesels last longer. Americans dont drive their cars that long.

Americans don't because American cars don't :lol:

This is a forum for the '05 Legacy GT and on, yes there is older content but a very small amount, so of course people here don't have a Legacy older than 10 years :rolleyes:

Go to a Peugot diesel forum and then see how many people have cars older than 10 years old.

This is a forum for the '05 Legacy GT and on, yes there is older content but a very small amount, so of course people here don't have a Legacy older than 10 years :rolleyes:

Oh man! I didnt realize that I didnt fall in the ranks of this forum since I have a '99. Who knew? I guess I should leave. And the all the 2.5i drivers too and the outback drivers too.

...last time I checked this is a knowledge base for LGT drivers. Otherwise it would be legacygt'05+.com.

Your LGT was a SOA joke. Leather = GT....

Now you and I both know thats not true. It offered dual piston brakes when no one else did. Its 2.5L engine (over the L or LS's 2.2) offered only about 15 less hp than the V6s in competing Camry or Accord, while offering decent fuel mileage. GTs had larger wheels, reflector fog lights, fully painted trim, heated mirrors, seats, windshiled waher fluid nozels, etc. Believe me, the extra 5 grand for a GT was more than adding leather and you may find that people agreed with. In addition to that, there is a strong following of BD/BGs on this site, so watch what you say.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38696

Now you and I both know thats not true. It offered dual piston brakes when no one else did. Its 2.5L engine (over the L or LS's 2.2) offered only about 15 less hp than the V6s in competing Camry or Accord, while offering decent fuel mileage. GTs had larger wheels, reflector fog lights, fully painted trim, heated mirrors, seats, windshiled waher fluid nozels, etc. Believe me, the extra 5 grand for a GT was more than adding leather and you may find that people agreed with. In addition to that, there is a strong following of BD/BGs on this site, so watch what you say.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38696

Ok, fine they at least did something. They forgot about turbo though.... :icon_wink

I am sure your 99 is a fine car. But this site is really BL/BP/turbo centric, like it or not.

Ok, fine they at least did something. They forgot about turbo though.... :icon_wink

True, I am not sure why SOA left out the previous turbo that had more hp to install the new EJ25. But what would I know. I was only 10 at the time.

Archived