LegacyGT.com

Hybrid Altima

The next generation of Hybrids which will be plug-in will be much more interesting. A future car should be about to run a hundred miles or so on a charge and only then use the gas motor to generate power if necessary.

I dont entirely see the point unless America suddenly starts using more nuclear, hydrogen,etc power.

• 2 months later...

Read about the Altima today in Road and Track

2.5L hybrid.

158hp from the gasoline, 40 from the synergy drive. Net power: 198 bhp. 9 more than the Camry hybrid and .5 second quicker in the 0 - 60 = 6.8 seconds. 3540 lbs, so those batteries weigh it down a bit, but it achieves 41 city, 36 highway. So city mileage is almost double that of the N/A 2.5L and you get 23 more hp. No torque specs listed.

Here's what really got me. Price when nicely equipped (ABS, 16 in. Alloys, dual climate, etc) $26,000. Thats less than the MSRP on my LGT, but then I guess it doesnt have leather. But then base Altima starts at $20k so unlike a Toyota, you won't be getting too much back with the tax break. ...but you do get more hp.

Read about the Altima today in Road and Track

2.5L hybrid.

158hp from the gasoline, 40 from the synergy drive. Net power: 198 bhp. 9 more than the Camry hybrid and .5 second quicker in the 0 - 60 = 6.8 seconds. 3540 lbs, so those batteries weigh it down a bit, but it achieves 41 city, 36 highway. So city mileage is almost double that of the N/A 2.5L and you get 23 more hp. No torque specs listed.

Only .5 sec quicker than the Camry hybrid?

IMO, I'd just get the Camry Hybrid... Nissan has been having reliability issues haven't they?

Archived