LegacyGT.com

Detailing Center

llmask

Is there any place in NYC that does an extreme excellent job in detailing a car? to the point that it looks like a car show shine? you know, that does the washing, the drying, the claying, the waxing, the polishing, the buffing, the etc, etc, etc.... i could do it myself, unfortunately, i dont have access to a shady area - as you know, washing, waxing under direct sunlight is a bitch. any suggestions are welcome... unless, one of you NYCers will invite me to your house and youll help me detail my car and ill help you detail your car.. lol. :wink:

1) Lincoln Ave, b/w pelham and new rochelle. -- Take the hutch to exit 12. Make a left off of the ramp. Make a right at the light onto lincoln. Go straight, at the corner of Lincoln and Wolf's lane, go thru that light, and immediately on the left, is a detailing center. 2) Take 95N to exit 15. Make a right onto boston post road. Make a left onto webster ave. and 100 yds on the right is a car wash/detailing center. 3) You could wait a couple of weeks...and I would help...as long as you bring your favorite supplies. I could even help ya with the oil change, if you are past break-in. All you need is the oil and the filter. Later, i.

[quote name='DEI99662']I am located in Metro-West Boston, near Concord, MA.[/QUOTE] Cool...I will check with a friend, when I am up at his place this coming weekend... He lives in Bedford...which I think is not too far from Concord. Regardless, I am sure he will know a couple of places. Anyway, have a good one. Later, i.

[quote name='inthedeck']Cool...I will check with a friend, when I am up at his place this coming weekend... He lives in Bedford...which I think is not too far from Concord. Regardless, I am sure he will know a couple of places. Anyway, have a good one. Later, i.[/QUOTE] Hey thanks a lot. Just let me know when you get back. Have a good weekend. Thanks again.

Apologies for the late reply...but my friend did not know of any decent places. He used to have his eclispe detailed at a place in Boston...near Fenway...but they don't exist anymore. My suggestion...check the yellow pages...although I know it's probably not what you wanted to hear...so, my apologies. However, if you ever have a few extra dollars, and are into 'kart' racing...check out [url="http://www.F1Boston.com"]www.F1Boston.com[/url]. It's an AWESOME experience and definately worth the money spent. 10 bucks for a day license (25 for the year if you go enough, definately worth it), 25 bucks per track (approx. 20 laps) and they have 2 different tracks. Cars get up to about 40 MPH!!! The course is 'inside' so no worries about the weather being crappy!!! My best time was a 22.811 sec. (behind the leader by about 2.188 seconds) which is not bad for the first try, I might add. You have to wear a helmet, a race suit, and a neckbrace...so beware, if you have claustrophobia. Again, apologies about the detailing centers in and around Boston. Hope you find something nice. Oh, and by the way....the drive up and down was awesome...albeit by myself. It was nice to be able to open the car up a bit, on open roads. Later, i.

[quote name='inthedeck']Apologies for the late reply...but my friend did not know of any decent places. He used to have his eclispe detailed at a place in Boston...near Fenway...but they don't exist anymore. My suggestion...check the yellow pages...although I know it's probably not what you wanted to hear...so, my apologies. However, if you ever have a few extra dollars, and are into 'kart' racing...check out [url="http://www.f1boston.com/"]www.F1Boston.com[/url]. It's an AWESOME experience and definately worth the money spent. 10 bucks for a day license (25 for the year if you go enough, definately worth it), 25 bucks per track (approx. 20 laps) and they have 2 different tracks. Cars get up to about 40 MPH!!! The course is 'inside' so no worries about the weather being crappy!!! My best time was a 22.811 sec. (behind the leader by about 2.188 seconds) which is not bad for the first try, I might add. You have to wear a helmet, a race suit, and a neckbrace...so beware, if you have claustrophobia. Again, apologies about the detailing centers in and around Boston. Hope you find something nice. Oh, and by the way....the drive up and down was awesome...albeit by myself. It was nice to be able to open the car up a bit, on open roads. Later, i.[/QUOTE] Thanks for the reply. Its all good. I might have found one or two that I can contact. Yeah F1 I heard is really cool. I have two tickets that I got from a co-worker, but I have had no time to go yet. Hopefully on my next vacation. Glad to hear that your trip was good. Did you take any pics?

llmask: You can talk to AZP. They are in NJ. There is more info here about AZP and the guy who does their detailing. [url]http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=649885[/url]

Nah, unfortunately, no pics. Went up to see a couple of friends, by myself...and was not in the mood to just stop and take pics....plus, it was raining like crazy on Friday night...while I was driving up there. Re-92's are just not cutting it... Other than that, no one that went to F1 had a camera, and since we were all racing, it really wouldn't help to have one. Anyway, good luck on the detailing. Peace. i.

Archived