LegacyGT.com

Car drifting to the right at interstate speeds.

Is it possible the tires could be out of balence? It could explain how the pressure could be right and the alignment could be correct but its still pulling.

So does this mean it is still pulling even after the tire rotation on 12/1/06?

It is still ugly.

So does this mean it is still pulling even after the tire rotation on 12/1/06?

it felt like it, its not as pronounced but it still seems there, the rotation helped however, i need to find a really flat road to do a good test though.

My body shop that fixed it doesnt have a gsp9700, i know.

It was pulling really bad before the rotation, but that tire that was causing it is still on the car, just in the rear, soo the car should still pull, even alittle if that tire was causing it.

I love my car ... basically.

Is it possible the tires could be out of balence? It could explain how the pressure could be right and the alignment could be correct but its still pulling.

This happened to our 2006 A4. One or both front tires were out of balance, and no matter how many times they were remounted & rebalanced, the vibrations always returned.

We eventually had all 4 tires replaced under the tire mfr. warranty.

You may want to run this by the shop to see if it's feasible.

Ok, the tire rotation seems to have fixed it.

I think the new tire loses or gains pressure differently than the other tires, i think that is what caused the problem and its probably just something i will have to deal with for as long as i keep these tires.

I talked to the service people at the dealership i take my car to now and they told me that usually on a subaru when a tire is compromised you have to replace that tire and the tire next to it; which makes sense. This is what should have been done in the first place in my opinion but the dealer/body shop that fixed it didnt deem it necessary. I don't think the alignment is the issue because the guy who fixed it knows my dad and wouldn't take a shortcut in my opinion.

I love my car ... basically.

Archived