LegacyGT.com

Some questions about my new LGT wagon

I'm new, so be gentle.:lol:

Ok, I traded in a 05 Forester XT on my 05 LGT wagon. With the Forester, almost everything that worked with the WRX/STi would work with the FXT since it was the same platform. I know the Legacy is it's own platform and doesn't have quite the same aftermarket, but will parts for a Sedan fit the wagon and vice versa? I plan on keeping the mods pretty minimal. I'm mostly interested in a filter (Green I was thinking) and maybe a set of mufflers. Also, is the up-pipe catted on the Legacy like it was on the FXT?

Thanks!!

Most parts are interchangeable, but some things like springs and cat-back exhaust systems are bodystyle specific. Also, be aware that AT and MT exhausts(DP's) are different as well. 05 LGT has catted UP. STI catless UP bolts right in.

Welcome to the board. Spend some time buried in the threads. You'll learn alot by osmosis here.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Welcome. Wagons are great. I traded in my '04 WRX wagon for an '05 LGT 5mt LTD wagon and I have'nt been happier. I'm stage 1 and just have to put on my UP an DP to go stg2. I have also done some suspension mods. Any questions let me know. I won't post pictures of my car and be a picture post. Unless you want to see it.:icon_wink Have fun with your car and this site. You have a lot to read.:)
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Legacy has pretty cool aftermarket support - enough to backrupt ya!!! That's the main problem - it's quite expensive, often overpriced. I'd dare to say aftermarket support for LGT is better than for Forrester.

Note, LGT has nearly identical engine to WRX STI. Many things fit (like headers), the only difference is the intake manifold/turbo/ic - STI conversion is popular here.

thanks for the info everyone.

itsme: sure, throw some pics up, it will give me ideas!! i like that grille you have.

unclemat: i knew the engine was the same. what turbo does the legacy use? i assume it's not the vf39 like the sti. i like the idea of a catless up, i did that on my XT as well. the reason i say the aftermarket is better on the forester is that it shares the same platform as the wrx. a lot of the parts i had on mine were wrx parts. it had 04 sti struts and springs, wrx front and rear strut tower bars, i had a wrx catback on it but removed it because it was too loud. i also had perrin i/c y hoses and maf hose for the wrx.

If you insist.:lol: Here are some of my pictures. Most are from suby meets. The black wagon is Rommel's (WRX_LGT) I took at one of our mid-night meets. I did the grill myself you found out how on the DIY grill threads. I bought a stock grill for $40 and did it myself. It took about a hour. I painted the fog light covers black, got the JDM rear waist spoiler, painted the lower half of the bumper black like the sedan, I have a RBS front lip(talk to "WRX_LGT" he makes them for our cars). I have H-tech springs(.9" drop), whiteline F &R swaybars, and 19"x7.5" w/ 225/35/19.

093131(1).thumb.JPG.fd50384150dee44e06f4bcd593a158ef.JPG

093339(1).thumb.JPG.d25adc970ba8b04f7508fa9d0ffdff5c.JPG

093152(1).thumb.JPG.79752dd3dea2825469e4e55f4ddcc1c7.JPG

123719(1).thumb.JPG.a541eacf8dabc4c49712801f1146f875.JPG

144944(1).thumb.JPG.cc3b90b0a15788fba9094a9385958326.JPG

015433(1).thumb.JPG.c4ed6442e0533e264d465ea38c7232af.JPG

013524(1).thumb.JPG.e41087be3d435e87c918cce69104fabe.JPG

000659(1).thumb.JPG.5de3fa77e7416714d64b5d5a08b14179.JPG

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

very, very tasty. how does it ride on the larger rims? my xt went to hell on 18's.

i just got back from pep boys, advance and auto zone. i was looking for a replacement air filter and EVERYONE had the wrong part number. the number they were giving me is for the impreza and forester. can anybody help out? i want to get a green filter, but i want to make sure i have the right part number first. i'll do some digging as well.

unclemat: i knew the engine was the same. what turbo does the legacy use? i assume it's not the vf39 like the sti. i like the idea of a catless up, i did that on my XT as well. the reason i say the aftermarket is better on the forester is that it shares the same platform as the wrx. a lot of the parts i had on mine were wrx parts. it had 04 sti struts and springs, wrx front and rear strut tower bars, i had a wrx catback on it but removed it because it was too loud. i also had perrin i/c y hoses and maf hose for the wrx.

Turbo is VF40. Different fitment than VF39 - i.e. different intake manifold and tmic. Rest is the same.

In the suspension department I'd say we are better off with LGT. JDM Bilsteins are available for not much money. Also many coilover options as well. Not much aftermarket stuts/shocks but that does not surprise me - hard to compete with Bilsteins. Tokico are no longer available, Ohlins are available but very pricey, Konis still in development.

so i'm better off with a subaru oem filter?

at this rate, that might be what i end up with and i bet they'll try to hand me a impreza filter as well, lol.

Yes, the stock filter and stock air box is more than enough for stock turbo. You really need more air flow with bigger turbos only.

Just use the OEM filter. Why let crap in to the engine?

If you want more sound just remove intake silencer - it's under the air box.

Btw, the oem filter is like $15 at dealership.

hmmmm, maybe i'll try the oem part.

i did the air silencer removal on my xt as well. i liked the little added turbo sound.

dumb question: where is the best place on these cars to tap for a boost gauge? i ran it off the bypass on my xt, i assume it will work just as well on the legacy.

It rides much nicer since I change my tires. I went from falkens st115 to Generals exclaims. Great grip and much smoother ride.

search for "cubby pod" I have that in my car. A member makes them for about $60 and it fits above the radio. You will find some d*ck heads here for the most we are pretty good. Well atleast us wagon guys. :)

Oh man. Legacy zealots are the friendlest bunch! :lol:

Except when they're not.

But we have fun. We're all here because we care about our cars. The wagon guys tend to get a little more wound up than most, probably because the sedan guys know it's fun to needle us. It's only because we care, though.

I know there are differing opinions so this is just mine: take out the silencer (it's in the walkthroughs and takes 10 mins with some basic tools) and replace the stocker air filter with a Perrin Foam filter. I love mine, the whoosh added by the removal of the silencer and addition of the foam filter is very nice. :D I personally enjoy it and it's totally up to you with what you want to do. :)
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

You can also look up Hogzawst. 10 minutes to put in, 10 minutes to take back out. Give it a try for a few days.

I would've posted that anonomously, if I knew how:icon_wink

GT Wagons FTW!

5MT GT Wagons FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Archived