LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket AMPS and Speakers...

Alex1

[quote name='Alex1'] Also if i was to upgrade the speakers... would you just open up the stock ones and install new ones and then reaply the stock covers? or what? Please help me out, im so confused!! Thanks again everyone -alex PS: if any has done any thing like this post pics :-d Im taking another test drive tmrw or sunday so ill post pics :-d[/QUOTE] OK man i took apert my doors and unless you feel like cutting out the stock speakers you have to get an adapter kit but to me i want 6 1/2 so i am gonna cut and stick. oh and does anybody know the price for the front clip around the door handle if not i will go ask the dealership but its easier to ask you guys. i want to put components in my back doors and i am gonna us e a "stock location" setup it might mess up my sound stage but i can tune them down a bunch if i use the the JL XR6's cause i am used to them. thanks guys

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

I just installed a single 12" Power Acoustik sub in a single Q-Logic box with a 980 watt Power Acoustik AMP, and it sounds pretty nice. So far I am happy with the stock speakers, but they will be the next upgrade, prolly after I start my job in November. The single sub sounds perfect in the truck, although it pretty much makes the truck useless now. I had it installed at Best Buy, don't laugh, I have had real good experiences at the best buy in manchester, and the installer had a real appreciation for the LGT so he spend about 4 hours just running the wires, pulling out the head unit, etc. I had printed out a few of the posts from these boards to help us along. We ended up running the power cable through that huge gromet thingy on the passenger side, and keeping the power cables along the passenger side, while running the speaker lines on the driver side. It looks perfect. Although, looking at the radio pulled from the car, I am a little bit scared to see how much an aftermarket (not the JDM) bezel replacement is going to be since it will almost have to include the electronics for the AC. I think that Subaru and Mazda are trying to screw the aftermarket audio arena. Just my Opinion.

[quote name='CT_LegacyGT_Sedan']I just installed a single 12" Power Acoustik sub in a single Q-Logic box with a 980 watt Power Acoustik AMP, and it sounds pretty nice. So far I am happy with the stock speakers, but they will be the next upgrade, prolly after I start my job in November. The single sub sounds perfect in the truck, although it pretty much makes the truck useless now. I had it installed at Best Buy, don't laugh, I have had real good experiences at the best buy in manchester, and the installer had a real appreciation for the LGT so he spend about 4 hours just running the wires, pulling out the head unit, etc. I had printed out a few of the posts from these boards to help us along. We ended up running the power cable through that huge gromet thingy on the passenger side, and keeping the power cables along the passenger side, while running the speaker lines on the driver side. It looks perfect. Although, looking at the radio pulled from the car, I am a little bit scared to see how much an aftermarket (not the JDM) bezel replacement is going to be since it will almost have to include the electronics for the AC. I think that Subaru and Mazda are trying to screw the aftermarket audio arena. Just my Opinion.[/QUOTE] Nice, be careful with that power Acoustik though i used to install for best buy and those subs kept going out not sure why. my guess was poor quality but if its working then more power to it. to let you know you can get more sound out of your sub by pulling out the 8" plate in the rear deck (i think that JDM got a 8" free-air sub in the rear deck instead of the crap we got under the seat) by pulling that plate it will allow the sound to travel easier into the cab. oh and with the dash kit thing, check out the ford taurus/mercury sable of the mid to late 90's same thing its something companies do sometimes.....i hate it. BTW i pulled the rear doors off, they come same as the front and same speaker size.

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate

[quote name='PimpFro']Nice, be careful with that power Acoustik though i used to install for best buy and those subs kept going out not sure why. my guess was poor quality but if its working then more power to it. to let you know you can get more sound out of your sub by pulling out the 8" plate in the rear deck (i think that JDM got a 8" free-air sub in the rear deck instead of the crap we got under the seat) by pulling that plate it will allow the sound to travel easier into the cab. oh and with the dash kit thing, check out the ford taurus/mercury sable of the mid to late 90's same thing its something companies do sometimes.....i hate it. BTW i pulled the rear doors off, they come same as the front and same speaker size.[/QUOTE] Yeah... It sounds really great now (running the Amp a little below mid-way gain), but I am a big buyer of the extended warrantys at best buy, usually I just get stuff replaced every 8-9 months. Works like a charm. I plan on removing that 8" plate, but the system is a little too loud now. I ended up getting the install for free there, which was a big plus.. The door speakers will be soon.. Will go with something nice there.. Actually considering purchasing the VDC head unit. I think I can recoup most the cost by selling the current legacy 6disc headunit and my old Poineer 8600 head unit.. I really miss playing Mp3s. Damn car and all its modding..

[quote name='PimpFro']i hear you man, i miss my 8400 and my XM i love sattelite radio good thing i can install i cant wait to get a new system in my car[/QUOTE] Yeah.. I used to have a 8400 till it just stopped working.. Lost a good CD in it as well. But since I got it at best buy with a warranty, they gave me a 8600. I actually liked the design of the 8400 better, but they stopped selling them. The moving face design always amazed people, and it just shouted bling with the nice aluminum finish. The only thing I really like about the 8600 is it has the ability to scroll through the Mp3 directory, and it can fit more info on the screen. Minor advances, they should have keep the finish and design of the 8400 and just added the color screen and advanced mp3 capabilities to it... Ah well.. Now it just sits in my closest all lonely..

[quote name='CT_LegacyGT_Sedan']Yeah.. I used to have a 8400 till it just stopped working.. Lost a good CD in it as well. But since I got it at best buy with a warranty, they gave me a 8600. I actually liked the design of the 8400 better, but they stopped selling them. The moving face design always amazed people, and it just shouted bling with the nice aluminum finish. The only thing I really like about the 8600 is it has the ability to scroll through the Mp3 directory, and it can fit more info on the screen. Minor advances, they should have keep the finish and design of the 8400 and just added the color screen and advanced mp3 capabilities to it... Ah well.. Now it just sits in my closest all lonely..[/QUOTE] My 8400 is lonely in my closet too and it's trapped in the box. I was almost thinking about selling it but I'm not sure how much I'd get for it. It's in great shape and has been out of a vehicle since last January.

[quote name='CT_LegacyGT_Sedan']I bet all of us new LGT owners could open a store with all the nice used headunits we have sitting in our closets..[/QUOTE] Not me, some A$$hole is probably getting good use out of it....seeing as he stole it from my last car....yes i am still bitter.

[quote name='D-2.5-GT']So how is the depth looking on the door speakers? Are we going to have problems with the window / speaker combination?[/QUOTE] well on the rear if you use the factory ring and just cut out the factory speaker you will be fine also since we are taking about best buy they have a 6 1/2 trim ring from what i remember but that means most audio shops will too the front you must have the spacer of the speaker will have problems. factory spacer of aftermarket just make sure you will clear the window and etc.

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate

[size=2]bisk - I went the route of the box - although a realtively small 8" enclosure. On a previous wagon, I had a custom enclosure made that fitted behind the wheel well replacing one of the small panel. The installer custom cut a flat plywood face to fit, and finished it with uphousltry material which roughly matched the interior. He used an 8" sub which was all the depth the space could handle. Just make sure the unit is well sealed and you can deal with the finished product looking close, but not matching exactly. I would expect you'll pay $200 + for the custom work, but that may be your only alternative to a stand alone enclosure. I guess you could flush mount the sub into the floor of the cargo area, but that would reduce functionality of the area plus create lots of accoustical problems unless you had some sort of sealed custom enclosure built. $$$... [/size]

Archived