LegacyGT.com

Megan Racing is looking for a Baja for coilover prototyping

Boostjunkie

I know this is kind of a longshot since there aren't exactly a ton of Baja's on the road, but MR is interested in doing coilovers for them. Anyone interested in letting them use your car for prototyping will almost always get a free set of coilovers. PM me if you are interested or know of someone who might be.

I know this is kind of a longshot since there aren't exactly a ton of Baja's on the road, but MR is interested in doing coilovers for them. Anyone interested in letting them use your car for prototyping will almost always get a free set of coilovers. PM me if you are interested or know of someone who might be.

My gf has one (04turbogurl).. actually, Kelly at Raceomp Engineering / GTWorx has one.. you can talk to her about it.

we have autoxed the Baja in the past as well on r-compounds.. I came in 2nd in the class with it. The car is very heavy (around 3900 lbs with driver).

Keefe

My gf has one (04turbogurl).. actually, Kelly at Raceomp Engineering / GTWorx has one.. you can talk to her about it.

we have autoxed the Baja in the past as well on r-compounds.. I came in 2nd in the class with it. The car is very heavy (around 3900 lbs with driver).

2006 Baja was 3480 lbs, which would make your girlfriend 420 lbs :eek:

http://auto.consumerguide.com/Auto/New/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/38797/Act/Specs/

we upgraded the tires, wheels, and brakes on the car (added PGT's old brakes on the Baja for tow use ;), tow hitch, tool box, full tank of gas and full interior (including the spare that we didnt bother to take out) in it when we put in on the scales.. it really came out to be 3750 as the full weight (my gf doesnt weight 420, she's around my weight at 145 to 150 which is nice because I dont have to corner balance the other race cars when she drives them).

We have the dinky 255/55/17 tires on the Baja right now.. we were planning to put on some 295/40/18 Falken Azenis RT-615 tires on it with some SSR Comps to see what it can do then. If you cant match the weight to the tires, upgrade to some bigger tires ;) We have a UTEC sitting here that could be put in, but since the gearing on the baja is designed more for towing than it is for top speed, we know it's just going to rip right through the gears if we upgrade to a bigger turbo (which isnt going to be any time soon).

Keefe

Archived