LegacyGT.com

replacement climate controls

groff

tried searching some but...

just wondering if the factory radio/auto climate controls for an lgt come out, if say the 2.5i manual controls could go in. I wouldn't be worried about direct plug and play (though nice perhaps), splicing is ok, just what would the install entail...has anyone tried?

tia- :)

I take it you would like to put an aftermarket head unit in your car? Just a few threads down is discussion on a replacement HVAC display that should make mounting a din or double din stereo in place of the stock 6 disc changer a reality. No one on this forum has ever successfully swapped from the manual climate control to the automatic or vice versa.

if you're talking about the TDC jdm option, I've been following that as well. Just trying to think of other options I suppose (thinking out loud mostly :lol: )

I'd rather have a carputer, w/ manual climate controls in a brushed aluminum plate instead of something like a dead radio (not saying this is what the JDM option is obviously) and a head unit in the cubby.

My buddy just put an sti dash in his 96 impreza L, looks pretty amazing, he did a HU and oil pressure gauge in the plate, and then a couple switches for the climate stuff (he's still working on wiring these, he had to rewire most of the car for the wrx motor swap) so this is what got me wondering about putting manual controls in the lgt to begin with

Someone tried it, it didn't work. This generation of Legacy has been out for over two years now. If it can be done, there would be a picture posted in interior/audio. Trust me, there are plenty of people with the desire and cash to do a swap, but it ain't happenin'...
ignore him, he'll go away.

Someone tried it, it didn't work. This generation of Legacy has been out for over two years now. If it can be done, there would be a picture posted in interior/audio. Trust me, there are plenty of people with the desire and cash to do a swap, but it ain't happenin'...

That was me.

I've already spent the cash with a really good tech trying to swap out auto for manual hvac.

It CAN be done but you would not have window or mirror defrost control when it was done. Those devices are controlled by something called the "body control module." The BCM on a 2.5i takes a simple 12v signal from the switch to enable the rear defroster. On the LGT it is a digital signal from the integrated HVAC controls.

Anyway, the thing to do is wait for the TDC solution which appears to be the right thing.

On a similar note, how would people with the manual climate controls swap out and get automatic climate controls?

That's an easy convsersion:

Place an add in the classifieds for your 2.5i, then purchase a slightly used 2.5GT at an incredible savings over new.:lol:

ignore him, he'll go away.

Archived