LegacyGT.com

Remote Start Help

Prime Power

I have the factory remote start on my OB XT. When the vehicle has set a while, it doesn't work right. I press the start key twice, it starts up fine. But when I go to get in, I unlock it with the remote and as soon as I open the door, the alarm goes off and it dies. It does not do this when warm though. Any thoughts. Thanks.

Go to the dealer and have them re-register your keys (all of them) to the vehicle along with the remote start. The last step of the factory install is to plug in the SDI cable and program the "immobilizer interface" to the code in your keys....basically, behind the ignition switch is a loop that gets programmed as a key, that way the car will start without keeping a key zip tied to the inside of the column (like some aftermarket systems)...I'll bet the code in the loop is different than the key code causing the car to think that you're not using the correct key.....It's a stretch, but possible!

Thanks, well it has to go in next week for a couple cosmetic things they did while getting it to me in oklahoma from colorado. I called them today and they said they will look at in then too. I will mention what you suggested. Hope it works. Thank you

Archived