LegacyGT.com

convince me to get an '07 LGT

badbasser98

Basically the '08's will be everything that the '07's should've been.

I feel sorry for '07 buyers since it's a lackluster year.

I don't know, the '07 gave me everything I wanted but the Legacy didn't have up until now: folding rear seats, line-in, catless up-pipe. The improvement in the stereo and the potential for Cobb to do something with SI drive are bonuses.

You're going to let an internet forum "convince" you to spend $30K on a depreciable asset? Get a grip guy. You need to sit down to do the finances and decide for yourself what is important in your life. Think for yourself.

Internet forums are an invaluable resource for car purchace DD, IMHO. Use the search button to look for common problems/issues and you'll find much more useful info than you will ever get from a car salesman.

I don't know, the '07 gave me everything I wanted but the Legacy didn't have up until now: folding rear seats, line-in, catless up-pipe. The improvement in the stereo and the potential for Cobb to do something with SI drive are bonuses.

Not saying you didn't get a great car, you did. But as far as what the '08 will be offering, it'll be even more so.

I'm been wondering the same thing with the whole '07 or '08 thing. I figure even w/ an '08, I can upgrade in '11. I make decent money, but the only new car other than a Legacy GT I see myself driving as my main car right now is a 335. I don't see myself paying more than 40k for a car even with a high income. So I'm really hooked on the Legacy. It won't be a problem to wait until the summer, but if I do, and the '08s aren't much more besides the exterior refresh, I'll be disappointed b/c that's like almost a yr I could have been enjoying an '07. So that's why I made another thread and am anxious to get some real news about next yr's.

The next few yrs will be interesting with other brands too.

I'm going to play devil's advocate and recommend holding off on buying a Legacy GT untill they figure out some of the problems they are having. I'm not sure if they are present on the 07, but my 05 has been in and out of the shop a lot and still runs like crap. Also, slightly used cars are a great way to save money and avoid depreciation.:icon_frow

There are a couple of polls on this site that indicate - if memory serves - only about a third of owners are affected by this studder to a greater or lesser degree.

Is this whole studder thing when the turbo is starting to spool and it feels the like the car is shuddering? This happened on the 2006 Spec.B I test drove, but it only did it once in 2nd gear. It didn't happen again for the rest of the test drive. Or is it some other issue?

Also, I think I am going to wait till the 08 model year to get a new LGT. In the mean time I can payoff my BE and can keep it as a DD. Then if the 08's aren't up to par I should be able to find a used 07, or maybe a leftover for cheap...

the studder happens at any given moment. Usually it's below 20 mph (for me), never have had it happen to me when I've been above 20. The studdering on the auto's doesn't feel as jaring as the 5MT.

There is one guy here in Portland (former PDXTuning owner) who has studdering all over the place. Had ECU's reflashed, new ECU's put in and the damn thing still studders.

I really don't know what causes it but it's not really doing anything determental to the car (that I know of) and is a small annoyance in a long list of positives for the car.

Currently I own a 2002 Legacy GT. I have been trying to mod it now for the past two years I've owned it. I have made slow steady progress. However it took me 6 months to get a good usable hood with hood scoop. It seems that everything I have done thus far has been a pain. Not to mention that the longer I own it, it seems I bought someone else's problem (although this is most likely the part of me that want an new GT :icon_wink ). I am now sick of buying used. I have the chance now to buy a new LGT, it will just limit my freedom slightly over the next few years (I will still have money, it just means I won't be able to afford to live by myself).

The part that is holding me back is that I have put so much time and effort to get the things I do have for the BE that it makes it hard to give all that up. On the other hand, I will have a new car that has many features that I would like to have on the BE but aren't feasable. For one, the turbo engine.

So I guess I need some assurance that I would be making the right decision in buying a new LGT.

I have a few questions to any current owners. I've noticed that the OE stereo is basically non replaceable as far as going to an aftermarket one. How is the sound quality over all? I have a $1300 system in my BE now, so take that into consideration. And no, there isn't 4 15" subs and 6 amps. I am a musician and like to have a good quality, well ballanced audio system... Also those that have an auto tranny, what is your overall opinion of performance? I have to do a lot of traveling for my job and some of it is in heavy traffic in which I think a 5MT is a pain in the ass. So I will be buying an auto, flame if you must.

I appreciate any suggestions you can throw my way!

-BB98

I bought an 06 LGT Manual Satin Pearl White/Tan Leather about 4 months ago. I love it. But I will be honest, hear are my positives and negatives about my new purchase.

Positives

*Great Price

*250 horses, enough said

*Great handling for a stock ride

*Very tunable, since you are into that

*Sexy car, I get told this on a regular basis, even the guys at the Lexus dealership, are like, damn, thats a subaru?

*250 horses, didn't I mention that already? :lol:

*Acceleration/passing other cars is fun, going around entrance ramps/exit ramps is fun

*The looks you get from ricers, euros, and american car owners is great!

Negatives

*Stock radio, you can upgrade with clean sweep and components/sub etc

*Windows are kind of slow to roll up for some reason

*1st gear is a little sensitive, easy as hell to stall out, needs the Accessport to remap the fuel lines, but once you do at least Stage 1, that is easily taken care of

*low rpms and high rpms aren't so powerful (due to the fact this is a turbo), but the Accessport helps even that out. I am getting ready to upgrade from stock straight to Stage 2.

I think the positives outweigh the negatives by far. Go get yourself a new legacy.

Thanks for the info, that's the type of post I was looking for (not that the others are bad...) :icon_wink

I think the positives outweigh the negatives by far. Go get yourself a new legacy.

Current plan is to keep and pay off the BE over the next year. Then buy a new (maybe leftover 07?) LGT with manual tranny as a summer only car and have the BE for daily driving and the winter months. :icon_bigg

Basically the '08's will be everything that the '07's should've been.

I feel sorry for '07 buyers since it's a lackluster year. If you can, just stash your cash for a bigger downpayment or mod money and keep the mait. up on your 2002.

Go check out the Rumors section on this site for '08 news. :)

I don't understand why you say this? I am in the same boat and have been researching my @ss off on this forum and the Internet and it really doesn't seem to me that the '08's are getting much of anything over the '07's. The design "refresh" isn't that drastic (not like the '02-'03 to '04-'05 WRX!). Am I missing something 'cause if I saw an '08 and an '07 next to each other, I'd still be able to tell it was the same generation. The only thing that changed are the wheels and front spoiler. Am I wrong?

I don't understand why you say this? I am in the same boat and have been researching my @ss off on this forum and the Internet and it really doesn't seem to me that the '08's are getting much of anything over the '07's. The design "refresh" isn't that drastic (not like the '02-'03 to '04-'05 WRX!). Am I missing something 'cause if I saw an '08 and an '07 next to each other, I'd still be able to tell it was the same generation. The only thing that changed are the wheels and front spoiler. Am I wrong?

I think the grill is different too! Don't hold me to it, but at least the pics I've seen the grill looks different, but back and sides are the same.

I think the grill is different too! Don't hold me to it, but at least the pics I've seen the grill looks different, but back and sides are the same.

I always swap out the grill first thing on pretty much every car I've had. As long as the lights and front end don't change drastically I will be happy with my '07. From the pics I've seen, they won't.

Archived