LegacyGT.com

Some new JDM Legacy models

suds2250

You know, Id really like to see something new and exciting from Subaru. We had the Baja, and its had its run and the newest is the B9 Tribeca, but thats not what Im getting at. Give me something cool. I think the most promising might be a modern rendition of the SVX. Equip it with the right transmission this time and turbocharge it. Or perhaps something we havent seen from Subaru before. Like a supercharged 3.0L.

It just seems like they're back to their 4 model line up and while the models each posses a wide variety, theres not all that much to choose from.

Well they are affiliated with one another.

Looks like Subaru starts to use Toyota parts bin. Before they were using stuff from Nissan parts bin.

Pre-2000 Legacy has Nissan Altima vent/heating controls.

Foresster has Nissan/Inifiti power window buttons.

Allegedly our 05+ Legacies also have Nissan power window buttons but differnt.

They were sharing some of the same parts vendors as Toyota before big T bought up a chunk of FHI.

Our remote keyless entry chimes are the same as Toyotas. Freaks me out when I'm walking away from the car in a lot and I hear the "beep.beep" from a Camry.

The whole automotive biz is one big inbred family. It cracks me up when I hear someone say "I only buy German cars." Like that German car doesn't have Japanese drivetrain bits, American brakes, Korean fuel lines, etc.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Excellent question!

I'm guessing it has something like some of the new GM cars have, the remote actually will send a "yo man my battery is getting low" to the car and you will get a change battery in remote message on the dash as a warning.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I'm guessing it has something like some of the new GM cars have, the remote actually will send a "yo man my battery is getting low" to the car and you will get a change battery in remote message on the dash as a warning.

In the GM remotes, what happens when you ignore the warning and the battery actually goes dead?

I'm just asking, because I know it's going to happen to people.

In the GM remotes, what happens when you ignore the warning and the battery actually goes dead?

I'm just asking, because I know it's going to happen to people.

Infiniti's system (they call it the intelligent key) has a keyless entry that looks like a thick credit card. You can manually unlock and lock from the controls on the card, or you can set it up to unlock and lock when you approach and leave the car. It has an emergency key that tucks into the card in case the card loses power.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Archived