LegacyGT.com

Those that have removed their trunk

wrxlvr

are you talking about a lid swap? the easiest way to to that is to bolt the new lid on finger tight and SLOWLY close the lid, checking for clearence around the perimeter. are the bolt holes elongated for adjustment on subies? i've never taken my lid off, but all of my chevy's were.............

I've done the trunk lid swap.

Removal:

Remove the carpet from underneath the trunk lid.

Unbolt the trunk at the arms, not the arms from your deck lid.

Undo the wiring harness, you may have to cut it free from the plastic pop-its.

When you re-install don't tighten the bolts all the way, you will still need to line up the trunk. Make sure it's lined up correctly before you tighten all the bolts down.

It's not too hard, shouldn't take you more than 45 minutes from start to clean-up. The hardest part is trying to line-up the trunk.

When I did my trunk swap mine lined up by itself as soon as I bolted everything down. The other guy... it took us a good 15 minutes with someone laying down in the trunk with tools to tighten down the bolts with the trunk closed. We stood outside moving the trunk around and told him to tighten it down when we were all set.

It looks like the arms' bolts are only accessible from above. Did you have to access the bolts from inside the cockpit (behind the rear seat on the rear deck)? Also, where did you remove the trunk release cable?

Archived