LegacyGT.com

Exhaust advice

GTSpeed

I'm looking for a little advice on a cat back exhaust (Christmas is coming)- I want something that isn't too ricey, just that gives off that nice boxter rumble. I like the single tip style but I'm not a fan of gigiantic rediculous fart cans or the duel tip BMW style. I wouldn't mind if they stuck out a bit further - I feel like my stock ones are sort of hidden under the bumper. I was hoping I could get some input from those of you who have systems. From searching the site it seems like Borla and Greedy make systems that meet these criteria. I'd appreciate any input on these or other systems I should consider. :icon_cool

I'm looking for a little advice on a cat back exhaust (Christmas is coming)- I want something that isn't too ricey, just that gives off that nice boxter rumble. I like the single tip style but I'm not a fan of gigiantic rediculous fart cans or the duel tip BMW style. I wouldn't mind if they stuck out a bit further - I feel like my stock ones are sort of hidden under the bumper. I was hoping I could get some input from those of you who have systems. From searching the site it seems like Borla and Greedy make systems that meet these criteria. I'd appreciate any input on these or other systems I should consider. :icon_cool

Price range?

Borla.

Let me know if you want to hear mine.

I live in Sugarloaf TWP near Hazleton and drive around for work sometimes; including Columbia-Montour counties.

I'm running catless UP and DP now, the Borla did get a little louder after going Stage 2.

Borla.

I'm running catless UP and DP now, the Borla did get a little louder after going Stage 2.

+1. i have same set-up Borla fits the sound and looks of a premium car like the LGT plus the power is good 262whp/295wtq stage 2 Protuned. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

If you want sound and power, look at the Random/xcceleration turboback exhaust system with cutout. It's listed at http://www.Xcceleration.com/itemdetails.cfm83.htm near the bottom of the page. My buddy has it and it sound great. He also said it makes the car come alive and when the cutout is open it sounds like a dragster!

I have a Greddy EVO2 & really like it.... fit & finish is awesome, it is a little on the loud side though.

PM Magic he just installed a SP2 on his car last weekend much quieter than the EVO2 but def more aggressive than the Borla.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Borla and GReddy for full CBEs.

Prodrive and Lachute for canisters - although the latter also has a full cat-back or even turbo-back option, as does AVO.

A final option would be to source mufflers and piping yourself, and have a shop weld it up (or even fully fab it), with your choice of tips.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I'm selling my borla if you have any interest

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47463

I LOVED it on my sedan but it's not really a great fit for the wagon so I'm gonna go back to the stock catback till I figure out what I want. The sound is awesome. Not ricey at all. Sounds mean.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Archived