LegacyGT.com

Cel P0458??

iuksob03

• 5 years later...
me too i wonder if you were able to fix it. it showed up right after my AOS install

I'm guessing something was knocked off during the install.

I had no CEL after my AOS was installed.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

i also installed a turbo inlet pipe that doesn't have the provisions for the factory pcv connector

http://www.perrinperformance.com/shared/PERRIN/documents/instructions/subaru/pspint420.pdf

i followed the directions shown here and... now i'm throwing a code... i don't get it.

and you removed the pin from the pcv valve plug and placed it into the stock harness connector?

Just started getting a CEL and blinking cruise light. AP pulled P0458 Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Low. Any help on what to go after here? Gas cap has been checked and is alright.

How did you check the gas cap?

Just because it's tight, doesn't mean it's working as it should. Gas caps have a check valve in them that lets air in, but not air/fuel vapors out. If this check valve sticks open or shut, you will get EVAP system codes.

BUT... like said above, based on this code, it sounds like there's a problem with the purge solenoid or wiring/connector to the solenoid.

I'm not positive where the "charcoal box" is on your model Legacy, but it's probably behind the rear axle. Sometimes the purge solenoid is there, or mounted up close to a vacuum source (intake manifold).

Joel

Archived