LegacyGT.com

anybody knows anithing about the new upcoming Hummer 3? iv searched all over the place cant find anithing. i cant find ani hummer forums if you know any good ones please let me know. my wife loves the F%$$$ @#&* hummer but doest whant to buy one cause its to big, so she heard about this smaller versionand asks me every day if i have read or heard anithing about it. i personally hate it. thanks in advanced. sorry if a repost, i did a search didint find anithing sorry if in the wrong place sorry if any misspelled words (sapanish speaker)

I thought the H3 was supposed to have a pickup type bed in the back of it...kinda like the baha just on a hummer scale. I could be WAY wrong though. Personally if i was going to get a hummer, which i most likely never would, i would get the old style H1, what hummer was known for, before they got bought out by GM....grrr....

[quote name='D-2.5-GT']I thought the H3 was supposed to have a pickup type bed in the back of it...kinda like the baha just on a hummer scale. I could be WAY wrong though. Personally if i was going to get a hummer, which i most likely never would, i would get the old style H1, what hummer was known for, before they got bought out by GM....grrr....[/quote] me too on bouth thoughts. thanks AreEyeSeeKay i should get in the mail when it come out.

[quote name='D-2.5-GT']I thought the H3 was supposed to have a pickup type bed in the back of it...kinda like the baha just on a hummer scale. I could be WAY wrong though.[/quote] I think the one you are thinking of is the H2 SUT. The H3 is meant to compete with the Jeep Wrangler in pure off-road capablity. Its smaller then the H2, but bigger then the Jeep.

rant : on : If you need to go offroad just get a god damn Jeep Wrangler. SUV's are a major pet peeve of mine. SUVs are a strain on the economy, they're oversized, take up more than one lane, barely fit in parking spaces, ding up the doors of the cars parked next to them, and they are usually driven by some dumb prick that's on their cell phone barely aware of what's happening in front of them. And you know what the kicker is, these idiots are the first to bitch and moan over the price of gas. Well guess what, if you didn't buy that huge oversized truck to compensate for something, then maybe you'd have some extra money for gas. People drive like idiots. Tons of people drive these stupid gas guzzling SUVs, which are a huge threat to people who drive cars. What is the point, someone please explain why the hell do people need an SUV for, are there some big mounds on highways that they need to climb over. rant :off: - Mike

[quote name='godwhomismike']rant : on : If you need to go offroad just get a god damn Jeep Wrangler. [/quote] Not a great idea. [quote name='godwhomismike']SUVs are a strain on the economy, they're oversized, take up more than one lane, barely fit in parking spaces, ding up the doors of the cars parked next to them, [/quote] Now this one you have to explain. If they cosy more, guzzle gas and ding more doors :roll: they are actually quite good for the econemy. [quote name='godwhomismike']and they are usually driven by some dumb prick that's on their cell phone barely aware of what's happening in front of them.[/quote] Wow....that's the most ignorant thing I've read in quite some time. [quote name='godwhomismike'] And you know what the kicker is, these idiots are the first to bitch and moan over the price of gas. Well guess what, if you didn't buy that huge oversized truck to compensate for something, then maybe you'd have some extra money for gas.[/quote] Oh wait....that already topped it....so I guess I can say this is the most ignorant thing I've read in the last few lines. [quote name='godwhomismike']Tons of people drive these stupid gas guzzling SUVs, which are a huge threat to people who drive cars. [/quote] That's a slightly self-centered view. "I choose to drive a car so everyone else should to so I feel safer." :roll: [quote name='godwhomismike']What is the point, someone please explain why the hell do people need an SUV for, are there some big mounds on highways that they need to climb over. rant :off: - Mike[/quote] There are many reasons to drive to drive different vehicles....but none of them matter. Why? Because in free countries people have a choice to pretty much drive whatever they please. Overall that post was ignorant, presumptuous and generally lacking rational thought. Next time you decide to paint people with such a broad brush, please don't do it here. I really hope others don't fall into the same trap you have and think of me (as a legacy driver) in the same light as you. (a fellow legacy driver)

I'm with mike, but i'd add rich Mercedes driving trophy wives to the list of idiots on mobile phones who are not barely, but totally unaware, of what is going on around them. McChicken you sound more like a BMW driver than a legacy driver :lol: :lol:

mike, i agree with you 95%. too many, but not all, SUV drivers drive like they own the road. once this idiot behind me was accelerating his big-ass SUV but w/ his head turned to the left (he seemed to be racing with another SUV), while I had to slow down since i was about to exit the high way. another time, this rx300 almost hit my forester because the driver was on the phone, I gave her a bad look but she kept on talking as if nothing happened. then a few weeks ago this honda pilot suddenly cut me even though I was accelerating, again, the driver didn't give a... :evil:

This Space For Rent

I had an assmonkey small-penis with a SUV ride my ass for miles even though I was going at a decent clip and when I let him pass he stayed behind me. I got angry and pulled alongside a slow car and kept him there for another few miles. Finally he tried to pass me on the grass between the guardrail and the lane I was in. He then tried to cut into me to force me off the road and he ended up almost sideways while I got to execute some interesting driving moves of my own. The fact that I pulled up to him and laughed seemed to scare him as he didn't figure I'd find the whole thing amusing. Sorry, sissy boy. Are you in yet? What are you talking about? I'm done. SUV drivers ask to be stereotyped, so let's oblige the scared fools. Steve

No, the Legacy isn't exactly conservative with the fuel economy. Maybe it's just where I live but most people have been in some bad wrap up due to an SUV. The worst one, about a mile from my house, cost a mother, who was on the way to pick up her daughter from school, her life when an SUV ran over her car (she was stopped at a light) and sheered off everything from the trunk level up. The truck rolled over and slid all the way beyond the next stoplight. The driver was speeding, on the phone, and not even looking at the road. It's always the same scenario. Maybe it’s extremely ignorant of me, but at least most people agree with me on this issue. Actually, I forgot about the Forester, if someone wants an SUV, why not a Forester. It's better than almost all those wanna-be trucks out there. - Mike

I'm a big proponent of minivans. You get so much more (including more cargo space) and unrivaled user-friendliness for so much less than an equivalent SUV. Yet every time I try and explain this to people, they scoff and fumble to find excuses to own their SUV. Heaven forbid you try and shine light on their hypocritical nature. Sure, it's a free country and people can drive what they want. But by that same token, the practical folks are also free to laugh at the hypocrites. But how can I say this? I came from owning two Jeeps! The reason is [i]why[/i] I owned the two Jeeps. Because they were 4wd, because they said Jeep on the hood, and because I [b]used[/b] them. [img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/p3efb609ee59e29ce64ce5498b8562ca1/f9ed7ca9.jpg[/img] Sure, every SUV owner you ask will say they "need" it for some reason. I've heard very few of these reasons that actually hold water though.

I hate SUV’s too, I mean people buy them cause they think they are safer, yeah right, !!!ROLL OVER!!! My wife just likes the hummer cause her dad haves the H1 and she just likes it, and you know she is coming form having a BMW X5, I think that explains it, its all about the looks and the STATETMENT that owning a hummer gives out, its just stupid to me. She cant understand at all that I want to get a Subaru when I can afford to have a BMW or a Mercedes Benz, she likes the wrx sti cause she knows all the power that it haves but when I said legacy 250hp she was like what y? Why not a CLK AMG convertible? So you can get rid of that old busted Miata. You just gotta let it go some people just live for what other people will think and say a bout them, I just can believe I married one them. (I hope she does not read this) I mean my wife admitted that her old explorer was more comfortable than her current X5 but she rather drive a BMW cause its 1!!!Expensive!!!1 just wait until I take her for a ride when I buy my legacy. Thanks godwhomismike I loved the site. AreEyeSeeKay wrote: think the one you are thinking of is the H2 SUT. I know witch one is that one I don like it either. If you go to the Hummer web site you will se that they have a H3 section but with not much info on it.

As a former Ford Explorer owner I agree that many people who drive SUV's think they are indestructable. However, to say that they are a strain on the economy is a bit of a stretch. There are far more greater things that rely on mideast oil. I am all for anyone driving whatever they want and can afford. I have always been fond of the H1 hummers and if I had $100,000 to drop would probably have one as well as my GT. For all the stereotypes that people could drop on SUV owners I can come up with 5 for Honda drivers or BMW drivers. Point is there are jackasses driving every make and model out there. You just notice the ones driving the hummers cause they are the most noticable.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

While my personal opinion tends toward mike's comments, I drive a pickup truck, and often don't need it, but when I do, I do in spades. That will probably end up with me keeping it, and buying a Legacy later than I want to, which is today. Good mileage is a good thing to have, but I buy cars for performance, and a truck for utility. Otherwise I'd be on the greenpeac... I mean Prius forum, not on the Legacy GT forum. However, the pickup I bought was a smaller one, because I don't need a full size super-mega-duty. I bought a Ranger. I wish it had better gas mileage, too, but that is the way it works. I need my vehicle to haul and tow occaisionally, so the torque of the 4.0 is neccessary (It would probably have more power and better mileage with a 302 V8, though. That should have been an option, like the Explorer.) I think SUVs tend to magnify the stupidity of drivers. Some drivers are not stupid and can make very good use of an SUV. Good on 'em. Some people are morons behind the wheel of an econobox. Giving them a 5000+ lb mass, and associated inertia, and energy requirements (both fuel to accelerate, and ground distance they cover as the brakes slow those behemoths down) that they don't know the first thing about handling, tends to magnify the stupidity. What it all boils down to, and what others here have said, is that we are free to buy what we want, and to be as stupid as we want. I am eternally thankful for that freedom. However, we are also free to make fun of other stupid people (hipocritical as it is) and be outraged by people who take responsibility so lightly. The person mike refers to, who decapitated an entire car, should be STIFFLY punished. Vehicular manslaughter sounds about right. There is mandatory sentencing for that, isn't there? Punishment is the only option for people who disregard their own responsibilty on the road, and the only serious deterrent toward responsible behavior.

Archived