LegacyGT.com

XM Roady XT Install in Dashboard Cubby?

smkscrn

I am interested in finding out if there is anyone who has attempted or knows if the XM Roady XT fits into the dashboard cubby??

I really do not want to compromise much of the vehicles interior asthetics and would love to get it to fit into that stealthy spot.

Please also post pics if there is anyone out there with this install.....

Thanks!

Joe

I am interested in finding out if there is anyone who has attempted or knows if the XM Roady XT fits into the dashboard cubby??

I really do not want to compromise much of the vehicles interior asthetics and would love to get it to fit into that stealthy spot.

Please also post pics if there is anyone out there with this install.....

Thanks!

Joe

Hey joe, have you searched?? there's quite a bit of pics up on xm/sirius installs. cubby shots and all.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Now that I'm looking again, don't think that one will fit in. I've got the roady2 and it'll fit in. thinking about getting the sportscaster. that'll fit in the cubby nice and the lights match the dash
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Did mine back in 2005. You just need to pull out the rubber pad in the bottom of the cubby and wedge it in front of the door hinge if you want the door to close.

Could you PLEASE post some pics with your cubby door opened, closed, and a close up? You are refering to the Roady XT, right?

Where did you mount the bracket where the unit sits in?

Appreciate the help! This would be soooo awesome if I can get it installed in that spot AND be able to shut the cubby door.:icon_mrgr

Thanks,

Joe

Joe,

Actually mine is the Roady2 but I have tried the XT. It is slightly smaller and it does fit with a little "wedging". You don't need the bracket. Tip the bottom in first and push the top in and it will fit very tightly. I drilled a 1/4 hole in the back lower left side corner ro run the cables and used velcro to mount the remote on the console below the shifter. With a fresh battery the remote will usually work without directly pointing it at the unit. The door will close with a little effort. Search the site for Roady2 and you will see the pictures I posted last year. Good luck!

Ray

Ray,

Thanks for the info. I am psyched that this will work. Another question. What type of modulator did you use? I want to try and get the best sound quality, so I was thinking of purchasing the Aux-In Board from"Jazzy" here on LGT.com, w/ the silent CD.

What option did you use for your Roady2 and where did you mount your antenna ( I was thinking about having mine put into the rear deck break light housing (no spoiler)?

Joe

Joe,

This should be the link with some pics of my first install showing where I mounted the antenna. I have since placed it in the cubby as previously mentioned. I ordered Jazzy's adapter as it has excellent reviews. But I decided to use the hardwired Audiovox antenna adapter with the Metra cables. It works well but I'm sure the overall signal quality isn't up to Jazzy's solution. I'll post some updated pics shortly.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6761&page=2&highlight=roady2

Joe,

Actually mine is the Roady2 but I have tried the XT. It is slightly smaller and it does fit with a little "wedging". You don't need the bracket. Tip the bottom in first and push the top in and it will fit very tightly. I drilled a 1/4 hole in the back lower left side corner ro run the cables and used velcro to mount the remote on the console below the shifter. With a fresh battery the remote will usually work without directly pointing it at the unit. The door will close with a little effort. Search the site for Roady2 and you will see the pictures I posted last year. Good luck!

Ray

+1

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

thinking of trying this again with my roady2. mines mounted on the side of the dash, and I'm getting tired of people hitting it with their leg when they get in.

Archived