LegacyGT.com

Exhaust sounds...forget the power for a sec i want sound!

f85stealth

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I recommend, if you get a shorty, leave the 3rd cat in and don't knock it out... I replaced everything but that midpipe (w/o cat) and still have the raspyness... It sounds like metal flapping/ticking because i believe there is turbulence in that large hollow section. I heard it more predominantly with the stock CBE. Now it is just masked by the exhaust sound. Fortunately, I still have a mid pipe with a cat which should take care of that annoying sound.

My exhaust =

GTSpec II Headers w/ UP(coated)

Flow Shorty DP

Stock Mid Pipe with knocked out cat

custom 2.5" exhaust w/flowmasters and custom quad tips (i have the ability to swap the stockers back on)

just run the catless downpipe and just add a turn-down and you're done. That's the meanest sound you'll ever get.

Ah! qtec. So what would sound best then? The qtec opening off the side of the dp, so it basically has a hole to the outside, or the qtec INSIDE the dp? Because wouldn't it still be pretty quiet with just the dp?

One thing I recommend, if you get a shorty, leave the 3rd cat in and don't knock it out... I replaced everything but that midpipe (w/o cat) and still have the raspyness... It sounds like metal flapping/ticking because i believe there is turbulence in that large hollow section. I heard it more predominantly with the stock CBE. Now it is just masked by the exhaust sound. Fortunately, I still have a mid pipe with a cat which should take care of that annoying sound.

My exhaust =

GTSpec II Headers w/ UP(coated)

Flow Shorty DP

Stock Mid Pipe with knocked out cat

custom 2.5" exhaust w/flowmasters and custom quad tips (i have the ability to swap the stockers back on)

You have flowmasters? i wanna hear!!!!! anyway u can get a sound clip on here? or if there is any more info u can give me thatd be great

Archived