LegacyGT.com

Retro completed: TSX projectors + denso ballasts

super.duper.BL6

Mike add me to the list and I just noticed we have the same projectors hella's right?

yeah im running hella units and hella gen 4 ballasts. however i would probably take the tsx over the units i have becuase the cutoff is a step design vs. a slope. that really cuts down on a lot of light forcing you to aim higher. step cut offs are much better. but not worth taking everything apart for minor upgrade.

i will totally add you but i have no thread with pics to link to your name. people want the pics and info!!!!!!!

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Ohhh yeaaaa pix i always forget those hahahahaha

yeah im running hella units and hella gen 4 ballasts. however i would probably take the tsx over the units i have becuase the cutoff is a slope design vs. a step. that really cuts down on a lot of light forcing you to aim higher. step cut offs are much better. but not worth taking everything apart for minor upgrade.

i will totally add you but i have no thread with pics to link to your name. people want the pics and info!!!!!!!

Mr.350

OEM leggy shield/lense combo? i like it nice color output combo sharp cut off

So if i retain the use of the OEM leggy shield/lense combo, i just take apart headlights, remove OEM leggy silver cone and replace with RX330 silver cone and install HID?

yea thats it exactly be sure to close the squrell finder you will see it when you get in there cuts down on glare.

Hello? come again? :lol: You lost me there..

So you would recommend the OEM leggy shield/lense combo over the full RX330 combo? works better?

I have one question. I already have an aftermarket HID set (XTEC), can I use my existing ballasts and h7 bulbs and just change the projector/mod the shield? Or do I have to buy D2S bulbs?

Thanks,

X

---

well you would have to rebase the H7 bulb meaning that little tab on the base of the bulb that goes into the OEM projector slot, but it is possible to the H7 bulb into a D2S housing with a little triming.
Mr.350

Archived