LegacyGT.com

woofer in wagon recommendation

Parousia

http://www.focal.tm.fr/gb/car/utopia/5ws.htm

this is the woofer that a local shop suggested that I put in the rear wagon passenger side area, currently it is covered by a small door (just empty).

I dont have pics I just gave the car a good look over (mine has not arrived yet) so that I could have my stuff together for a quick install when it arrives.

The woofer quality I am sure is great as the manufacturer is highly recommended here in the board (Focal) just wondering if you think that it will do the job of filling in the sound enough to forgo the Subaru supplied upgrade option (under driver seat)?

I originally thought of upgrading the separates in the front but the installer seems to think that it may not be necessary.

????????? WDYT ???????????

Parousia

5ws.jpg.0438645af221b23d0b2a054331e9ae26.jpg

Yah you could put one in each side, it would probalby be a clean install and not impact your ability to fill up the cargo hold either. I thought about that as the place I would use if I put in a sub or two.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Just make sure they're not pointing directly at each other . . . or put them out of phase or something. . . otherwise you might end up with a lot of frequency cancellation, and that'll sound like poo.

The installer talked about just 1. He mentioned the 5" and I almost fell over I was like 5"??????? But he said that it is a really great speaker for the application with no PIMP speaker box, and full sound enhancement. I was hoping that someone had experience with this speaker? Parousia

This may be a little off topic, however sorta related. I was going through the PDFs that were posted before, and in the audio one, there is a picture of a sub in that area. Does anyone know a part number and/or cost?? Thanks!! Bill

Archived