LegacyGT.com

JDM suspension

VTGT

Anyone in the D.C. metro area or northern Virginia, have any jdm dampers(jdm gt,or jdm spec b) and springs on their cars? I would really appreciate a ride (sometime in dec or jan) because I think I may try and pick some up in a few months if i like how they ride.

I dont want to sacrifice too much comfort but the jdm blisteins seem like a semi-aggressive street (Geared more towards sunday drives than autoxing) setup for the price in which they can be had.

How do you like the GTs?

I had the Spec B rev A and I couldnt stand them.

Interesting. Are you sure you had Rev. A and not the original revision? People all the time confuse original SpecB revision with Rev. A. Yes there Rev. A was not the first version of these!

I am on JDM SpecB Rev. B (same rears as Rev.A, just different fronts) and I like them a lot (on Pinks). Passes wife and kids test no problem. RE070 tires on JDM GT gave harsher ride than JDM SpecB on GY F1 tires.

Btw, before I had JDM GT Rev. C (USDM SpecB) and these are tad underdamped.

Anyway, all this is very subjective...

The part numbers on the shocks matched up to RevA <shrug>

Either way, way too stiff for me. I think maybe its something to do with being a gas shock and always pushing up on the car. All of my experiences with gas shocks have been pretty negative. Whereas all the pneumatic shocks Ive had were great. Probably why Ive always had great luck with konis.

The part numbers on the shocks matched up to RevA <shrug>

Are you sure you had these numbers (in bold)?

Bilstein Spec-B Rear Shocks - 2 needed - 20365AG050

Bilstein Spec-B Front Strut (Right) - 20310AG100

Bilstein Spec-B Front Strut (Left) - 20310AG110

Bilstein Spec-B Rev. A& B Rear Shocks - 2 needed - 20365AG120

Bilstein Spec-B Rev. A Front Strut (Right) - 20310AG140

Bilstein Spec-B Rev. A Front Strut (Left) - 20310AG150

sgt and vet are weenies :lol: :lol:

SpecB Rev. B on SpecB pinks is not too firm or too harsh IMHO

JDM GT Rev. C was bit on too soft side.

I don't have experience with the original JDM GT - it's probably firmer than Rev. C and who knows, maybe it's a good compromise of comfort and performance.

I'd think JDM GT Rev. B or jdm spec b rev c (these would be slightly firmer) would be the best compromise judging by how they are labeled. But I wouldn't know unless I rode in someones car.

sgt and vet are weenies :lol: :lol:

SpecB Rev. B on SpecB pinks is not too firm or too harsh IMHO

JDM GT Rev. C was bit on too soft side.

I don't have experience with the original JDM GT - it's probably firmer than Rev. C and who knows, maybe it's a good compromise of comfort and performance.

Are we talking sti harsh/m3 harsh?

Never rode in an STI or M3. Can't compare.

I am wimp to an extent and don't like overly harsh ride. For example RE070 (stock STI tires) were too harsh for me even on JDM GT suspension that's why I got rid of them. Well they were okay with me with JDM GT but not with JDM SpecB.

To give it perspective:

RE070+JDM GT Bilsteins+JDM OEM springs = too harsh for my kids

RE070+JDM SpecB Bilsteins+SpecB Pinks = too harsh for me

GY F1+JDM SpecB Bilsteins+SpecB Pinks = everyone is happy

tokikos and pinks in DC. formerly pinks and spec B rev. A's.

you are welcome to get a ride, but not sure how much longer I am keeping this setup. GREAT outside of the city, but daily in the city can get a wee bit annoying.

getting out of the legacy game :cool:

tokikos and pinks in DC. formerly pinks and spec B rev. A's.

you are welcome to get a ride, but not sure how much longer I am keeping this setup. GREAT outside of the city, but daily in the city can get a wee bit annoying.

Wouldn't JDM GT rev. c be a little bit more pleasing for city driving? Were the spec b rev a's just way to harsh?

Archived