LegacyGT.com

05 Loaded LGT Wagon Limited

integroid

Price is bit on the high side. But really depends. It's 5MT GT wagon! :wub:

Asking about taxes without specifing location is lame. It depends. Generally private sales of used cars are taxed, I believe New York is an exception, but not sure.

In California, if you are buying a used car from a private party you pay the tax directly to DMV when you put your name on the title. It just depends on the seller if he/she would be willing to put a lower price on the bill of sale so you would pay less tax.

Also used cars?

Yup, but many people when they buy privately a lot of times make the bill of sale for cheaper to pay less taxes.

Any purchase is taxed at teh DMV. When you buy new the delaership takes charges teh tax.

X

---

I live in Georgia. I have heard it both ways from people in GA and the DMV website isnt very clear about taxes on private party cars. I purchased a private party car about 6 years ago and did not pay sales tax when I registered the car.

ANyway, back at hand...Do you guys think this a pretty good deal or should I pass? It is a rare Wagon 5MT Limited with low miles.

Did you already try to negotiate the price?

See if you can get it to lower, maybe like 500 less.

I can assure he does not have people knocking on his door eager to buy his car.

X

---

I live in Georgia. I have heard it both ways from people in GA and the DMV website isnt very clear about taxes on private party cars. I purchased a private party car about 6 years ago and did not pay sales tax when I registered the car.

ANyway, back at hand...Do you guys think this a pretty good deal or should I pass? It is a rare Wagon 5MT Limited with low miles.

The seller's price is only good if somebody is willing to pay for it.

Check the price of the car thru KBB, NADA and Edmunds then you can decide if you are getting a good deal.

And you are right the 5MT is a rare breed.

Thanks guys. he was asking $22,900 but talked him down to $21,900. I will see if he will go for $21,500....if so, i will buy it from him this weekend. If it was silver, I would have gave him what he wanted for it.

Thanks guys for your advice. Hopefully i will soon be a LGT owner.

I miss owning a Subaru.

Thanks guys. he was asking $22,900 but talked him down to $21,900. I will see if he will go for $21,500....if so, i will buy it from him this weekend. If it was silver, I would have gave him what he wanted for it.

I miss owning a Subaru.

Update?

I am picking up the car tomorrow. The car was mint! Still smelled brand new and he only put 14000 miles on the car in the 18 months he owned it. He said no one had ever sat in the rear seats and maybe only once or twice in the passenger seat. This car had almost all the dealer acessories installed. Auto Dim, All Season mats, front bug deflector, factory sub, etc....I am paying him the $21,900 plus he is throwing in his brand new $450 Lawn mower. I also found out that GA does not charge you sales tax on a private party sale. So, that alone is saving me over $1200 in taxes if I went to a dealer. Will post up pics later int he week.

Thanks for all of your help guys!

Wish, I had seen this thread earlier becuase I am about to sell my 2005 LGT Limited 5MT. It's OBP in color with taupe interior, auto-dimming mirror/compass, factory subwoofer, factory short-shift kit, factory medal pedals, factory all-weather mats (plus the original cloth ones as well), center armrest extension, etc. I have also havd the windows tinted professionally, put Swift springs and sway bars on the car, plus I have the Cobb Accessport also. Mileage is 21,877 and it was ordered directly from Subaru factory, picked up by me on 3-29-05. I was gonna ask 22k for it all....

Only reason I am selling it is due to a recent change in employment. My new company is supplying me with company car, so I have no need for this one. It's an awesome car, been well maintained, and not driven TOO hard (I know other people on this board/ NASIOC who can vouch for that as well!!! :lol:) If you know of anyone else looking, let me know!

Jonathan

P.S. Only thing that isn't accurate in the attached pics is that the rear of the car has been debadged of everything except the GT.

P.P.S Added some more pics of car interior/exterior.....

DSCF0003.JPG.2a8661f5ed03ab78535b70bf814959cf.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG.42058394667e7c5fd0dfafaa9a46b0d6.JPG

DSCF0006.JPG.00bf6172aabbdbb50825bca8d20d0727.JPG

DSCF0464.JPG.295a1b0661ffa790d5a17bc75116b89e.JPG

DSCF0466.JPG.5e8c940824789b567759a418f40e5109.JPG

DSCF0469.JPG.25e73ab0fce0b193b24dcf1f2e5d9c54.JPG

DSCF0472.JPG.c4c2806f5ec16ede1e6a60d714534974.JPG

DSCF0473.JPG.aaa04d133288bf94004d843ad88598cd.JPG

DSCF0474.JPG.be9c117fba8ad8f8b1778b379d3e2b0d.JPG

DSCF0475.JPG.f766698ced2720bd5cb63a6bf05dfb85.JPG

DSCF0481.JPG.83fba6abc28ebcf0d918c66a15eff250.JPG

DSCF0479.JPG.ab636c618c8aee446025552f92115f48.JPG

^^^^If you want to return the suspension to stock, I'll take the Swift springs and sways off your hands:)!!!!!

Seriously, I need lowering bad. Did the swifts even the car out? I hate that my ass is lower then the nose.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

I miss owning a Subaru.

I would say go for it. I picked up my 05 wagon GT with the extended warranty back in August with 6500k on it. Private selling was asking for $ and I offered 500 less than $ and the deal was made.

I'm now a very happy owner of a 05 Legacy GT Wagon 5speed with an extended warranty, and all the factor add ons :) Even with the not so cool looking red sti pedals, "but they do feel great".

I would say go for it. I picked up my 05 wagon GT with the extended warranty back in August with 6500k on it. Private selling was asking for $ and I offered 500 less than $ and the deal was made.

I'm now a very happy owner of a 05 Legacy GT Wagon 5speed with an extended warranty, and all the factor add ons :) Even with the not so cool looking red sti pedals, "but they do feel great".

I should have read on, I see you did go for it, CongraTs!!!!

^^^^If you want to return the suspension to stock, I'll take the Swift springs and sways off your hands:)!!!!!

Seriously, I need lowering bad. Did the swifts even the car out? I hate that my ass is lower then the nose.

I really like the Swift springs and bars. They eliminated alot of the squat/dive, as well as the body roll that was noticeable in the car in stock form. Also, they are not so stiff as to be uncomfortable for daily driving/trips....

I added some more pics to my post above...

Archived