LegacyGT.com

New Owner of a 07 Legacy!

eDrive

I am a new member to this and only legacy forum. I would like to express my experience about buying this car.

Car: 07 Legacy Limited sedan.

Price: 23,400 with Anti-Mirror/compass, remote starter, spoiler without TTL and extended warrenty.

Color: Diamond Matellic Grey

Mileage at purchase: 5

I love this car, its my first car in 11 years. My last car was a 95 Mazda 626.

Everyone that i know loves the color, and the way it looks.

As for the price if i dont know if I got the a good deal or not, i dont really know, becuase this is the car that i wanted, and i think i got a good deal.

Had the car for 6 days now. The remote starter works perfectly. The power of the car is enough for me to pass other cars. :)

the interior design is beautiful with the wood display and the leather seats are top quality leather. :icon_cool

The ride is soooooo smooth. I cant wait to leave work and drive home. I enjoy the ride more then ever. The back seat are comfortable, my wife like it, so that is good enough for me. Trunk space is decent size. I planned not to clutter it.

the audio system is fine. it plays music with the 6 disc changers!

I also got the extended warrenty, 7yr, 10 0000 miles. The auto-scatch warrenty, and the tires protection warrenty. All came to $27,000.

I am now a Subie Fan! Ask any questions, and I will do my best to answer.

eDrive

congrats, I also am a new owner, of a 07 2.5i Wagon. I got this car to replace my 99 Passat that was needing frequent repairs.

I only got the non-turbo with MT, basically it's the lowest level you can get in a Legacy. But it has all the basic goodies.

I got this car as a spare-car for our nanny to use as well as for myself and the wife especially in the snow. I already ordered a set of snow tires w/rims for the winter months.

I know the non-turbo is short on power, but it's still fun to drive.

Congrats!

What is this auto-scratch and tires protection warranty?

yea i would like to know also.

my g/f just got a new Volvo and the F&I guy tried to push Road Hazard Warranty which replaces the actual rims or tires in the event of theft, vandalism, or any kind of damage - no questions asked...

probably similar to this "tire protection warranty"? :icon_conf

Welcome, but...

All came to $27,000.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

No wonder dealers make crazy money on certain deals.

Are you sure these are not Canadian dollars at the exchange rate from 4 years ago?

yea i would like to know also.

my g/f just got a new Volvo and the F&I guy tried to push Road Hazard Warranty which replaces the actual rims or tires in the event of theft, vandalism, or any kind of damage - no questions asked...

probably similar to this "tire protection warranty"? :icon_conf

the auto scratch warrenty: If your exterior paint or interior leather are scratch in any shape or form, they will fix it or replace it.

For example: your leather seat thread color is not black anymore, but it turns into some wierd color. They will fix it. If there is a scratch on your paint, they will fix it or replace it for the life of your car extended warrenty.

Tires warrenty: you drive and your tires blow out. They will fix it or replace it for the life of your extended warrenty.

I got the tire warrenty becuase my wife brand new Honda Element's tire blew out after two months and we had to buy a new tire for $220 for just one tire.

so i paid $449 for the tire warrenty.

27,000 maybe alot, but i am going to keep it for 10 to 15 yrs, just like my good old 95 Mazda 626. You have serve me well. RIP.

It may not be too late to turn in those warantees.

Especially the tire one, my gosh, I drove 20 years without blowing a tire. It does not pay to pre-pay for tires. If your wife had got a tire warentee on her Element you would have paid twice what you paid for the tire, and the likelyhood of blowing a tire is tiny.

Also most tires cost ~$100 to $125 each for this size so yea you would need 4 flats for the warantee to make sense.

As for all the other warantee (IMO) they are not worth it. The maintance plans (IMO) are just like pre-paying for service and you may never need that service in the first place and also they often have a lot of exclusions that they don't mention until you bring it in for service.

I had bought an extended warantee when I got my S2000 4 years ago. One week later I changed my mind and got all my money back (about $900) in that time (4+ years) I have not had one single thing that I had to pay for that the warantee would have covered, so instead of taking a loan for $900 I have had that money in the bank (so to speak).

There is a big reason car dealers or Best Buy (etc.) sell extended service contracts, and that's b/c they make a lot of money on them.

Tire rack sells extended 'blow-out or damage' warantee on 4 tires for about $70 a set of 4 tires and I still don't buy it.

23,400 before everything is a good price for a new 07 Limited, all the extras including extended warranty is YOUR choice and nto forced upon you by the dealer so i have no comment on that. I decided to spend a little extra on top of my $32,500 for my Spec B and got the extended Gold warranty coverage and guidepoint GPS antitheft system but i consider that money that i burned and does NOT count as part of the price of the car.

Ed

Thanks for the suggestions on the tires. The tire warrenty protect the tires and the alloy wheels, and I am not going to purchase another vechicle for the next ten or so years. $449 for 7 year protection is not alot and I dont think I am wasting $$$. I bought this for peace of mind, just like buying car insurance or any other insurance. There are things that we buy and may not need, but its better, for me, to have then not to have.

I got it at http://www.premiersubaru.com/ dealership.

Talk to Brian I. He was the one the hooked me up with the car and the extra accessories for $23,400. great people to work with. After getting my car, i wife wanted to trade her brand new Honda Element in for a Tribeca.

Locationed in Brandford, CT.

And the car is amazing.

good luck!

Archived