LegacyGT.com

Gulf Shores / Florida Panhandle

Lotus Guy

Anyone live in the Gulf Shores / Florida Panhandle area? My wife and I are thinking about moving down to Gulf Shores Alabama and I'm curious as to what kinda of automotive world I can expect there and in the nearby areas. I was down there with my Elise this past week and it was made very clear that they don't see those at all down there although I know of a yellow Exige in that area (guess the owner doesn't drive it often). Are there any local SCCA groups/events, automotive forums, etc?

The one thing that concerns me so far is the lacky of curvy roads, seems like every road we were on was very very straight. The only curves I remember were really long drawn out ones that would only be fun/exciting at triple digit speeds.

South Alabama members?

Pensacola Area Subies

Welcome to the Gulf Coast :)

Both the Wiregrass and the Dixie region SCCA's are pretty active. Both of them have Auto-X's monthly within about an hour of you.

The Subie crew meets (usually) every Saturday in Pensacola. About 15 cars usually. Montly we have a BBQ and family get together at Blakely State Park. Lots of people show up to that.

Dealers are Koby Subaru in Mobile, AL and Mercer Subaru in Pensacola. To give you an idea, Koby is a long time SCCA supporter and sponsered the Subaru Challange this year. They also sell performance parts. Mercer is brand new, but they too seem friendly to the enthusiast; both have had meets for the Subie crowd in the last year.

Awesome, thanks for the links!

The whole automotive scene thing isn't a huge consideration regarding the move, but it would be nice to have some sort of automotive world to look forward to down there. We're not moving yet and if we do it will probably be around Spring. Still have to plan out the career changes, finance/budget changes, real estate, etc...

Archived