LegacyGT.com

Rim Question

malvic

I've got these rims on the car. Someone at a driving meet this weekend said they had them and they could screw up the bearings.

Link: http://www.aewheel.com/eagle_alloy_wheels.cfm?id=79

I either have part# 1933-8736 or 1933-8737 (near the bottom & Silver). I have to change the tires for winter so I will know for sure this weekend. Based on the Sticky for offsets, will a +40mm offset harm the car?

you're fine.. I ran with more aggressive setups than that before.. but you should pay attention to your wheel bearings anyways.. you are in fact putting a little bit more stress on them by pushing the track out further. Just inspect them every 9,000 miles to see if you are getting wear on them.. you'll know when you start destroying a wheel bearing because you'll hear a lot of crunching and clunking sounds when you either make a turn or when you start moving the car at higher speeds.
Keefe

Why would you ever have trouble putting lugs on with the offset far off?!? That has nothing to do with offset.

Offset is center of wheel to the backside of the wheel where it mounts on the hub. How exactly is that related to putting lugs on?

Archived