LegacyGT.com

I nearly bought the FXT. It definitely feels quicker, probably due to lower gearing, but I felt it ran out of steam earlier. In the city, FXT is a lot of fun. Really nimble, and tons of squirt.

But Legacy's bigger inside, quieter, more refined in interior.

Went for a ride in my friend's FXT today....holy shit :lol::icon_bigg . I haven't been in a car that fast since I rode in another friends 3kgt vr4. Anyone else ever ride in an FXT? How does it compare to the Legacy?

I'll let you know on Tuesday, I am picking up my wifey's new Forester XT and get to drive it home from Napa. Unfortunately, I'll have to keep in under 4,000 RPMs:lol: Yeah right.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

FXT should be pretty similar to an 05+ LGT, may have a slightly better 0-60 or equal, one rag got 5.3ish, but due to brick aerodynamics the LGT may have the edge in the 1/4

In any case similar performance accel wise, prob the best sleeper subie has period. 06+s arent as quick

Well, I picked up the new '07 Forester XT Limited for the wifey last night in Napa and drove it 55 miles back to Windsor. It is a good drive given that I take Hwy 29 through Calistoga then up over Petrified Forest Road. Nice big climb and lots of turns through the mountains that divide Napa and Sonoma Counties.

Damn that car is fast. Like a squirrel with its tail on fire. Hard to tell by my butt which has better acceleration, but I would hedge toward the LGT. The FXT is an auto tranny (wife hates 5 speeds) and the LGT is a 5MT. Makes the comparison a bit more difficult. I have to say I would have preferred the manual gear box, but my wife would revolt.

Stock Lbs/hp

FXT = 3360 # / 224 hp = 15

LGT = 3485 # / 243 hp = 14.3

The brakes are great and it seemed to just eat up the winding Petrified Forest Road.

The interior of the FXT seems a bit spartan compared to the LGT. At night it is very dark inside the FXT, where as the console in the LGT looks very "cockpit" like with lots of red illumination.

Oddly enough, the audio in the FXT sounds better than the LGT :confused:

I really like the stance of the FXT, you have very good peripheral vision. In the LGT I have a couple of big blind spots that need attention especially when merging on the freeway.

The LGT is just a much more highly refined car having very nice amenities and a low nimble ride. I feel like I can push the LGT much further in terms of speed in cornering. The higher CG in the FXT makes for a bit more cautious ride on my part. They are just two completely different cars to serve different purposes.

The FXT should serve us nicely for family trips especially in the mountains. After driving the FXS on several mountain trips now, I've found the N/A engine to be lacking power once the air thins out. Turbo, need a turbo. We are taking it to Kings Canyon/Sequoia Nat'l Park over Christmas, so this should be a good test of the car up to 8,000' in the snow.

All in all, pretty nice car, however, it is amazing how much more car you get in the Legacy GT for not much more money that the Forester XT. The difference in negotiated prices was $600 between the LGT and FXT. I seemed to be able to negotiate better on the LGT, the Foresters are very popular here and sell well. It was hard to find a FXT, there were only a few, like 3, in the Bay Area with black interiors. Now there are 2.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Archived