• Created
  • Last Reply

15mm spacers are huge...

i'd put the OZs back on if I were you

if any rocks get inside of the rims, its gonna ruin that beautiful gold paint

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

Ted pulls them out of thin air...you know he did to move to Colorado recently and there's more there to grab
Wouldn't it be less air in CO :lol:

Here is the thread that can give you the methods/where I get my numbers. The majority is simple physics, as shown on the Stoptech pages. Basically, pad coefficient of friction, times the piston size, times the distance from the hub gives you a braking torque. From there you can figure out bias by comparing front to rear.

If you get rear pads to match the fronts, you will move back towards a 74% front bias...

It means that the car uses less of it's rear brakes, so ABS will activate before the rear tires require it. The big unknown variable in that statement is whther or not EBD can shift bias to the rear. If so, no problem. My guess is that Subaru went with a less complicated solution though, and EBD senses too much REAR bias, and shifts forward only...

Ted

:spin:

nonono...the air is thinner and therefore there is more "thin air" for him to grab.

Down here the air is thick, which means no "thin air" so we can't grab any

Now someone find me aggressive rear OB Brake pads....go!!

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

nope...OB rotors and calipers are different than LGT

Does that matter if you are replacing to a Rear BBK? ....you be replacing everything. There are several members on here that have Rear BBK's....I think I saw one with Racing Brake and another with Rotora. Cobb's site lists the same 4-wheel BBK set-up for both LGT's and OBXT's.

My Wiener, thems is nice brakes!!!

Now you just need to be a BIG bling man (and ignore that prattling Praedet and his brake bias brakophilia -- illegal in most states) and get the rear Brembos for max bling, like myself.

Sooooooo, a "little" dive now in the stock suspension under binding power? Soon you will tire of your car's OB elevation and wish for real suspension instead of being a SUV wannabe. And then we will formally welcome Mr. Wiener into the Real Man LGT club. Good luck until then! :)

And then all woman will bow down to the Wiener for his golden glow. (Or at least one can dream).

And then all woman will bow down to the Wiener for his golden glow. (Or at least one can dream).

Right now, only if they approach the car from the right angle.

Does that matter if you are replacing to a Rear BBK? ....you be replacing everything. There are several members on here that have Rear BBK's....I think I saw one with Racing Brake and another with Rotora. Cobb's site lists the same 4-wheel BBK set-up for both LGT's and OBXT's.

The Racing Brake Rotor upgrade kit that was being reffered to uses a bracket to move the existing caliper farther away from the hub to make use of the larger rotor. But since the OB uses a different caliper, that kit won't work on an OB.

But yes, any rear BBK that fits an LGT should fit an OB. But that wasn't what we were talking about....

KartRacerBoy - You poke fun now, but at the autocross course I make up time by strattling cones instead of knocking them down. And I also own rallycross. Chicks also dig me in the OB because I'm responsible and willing to tote around groceries and kids...and that turns them on

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Hey, mwiener, I'm all over the wagon thing. I've a garnet red LGT wagon, stage 2, Swift springs, Cobb f/r anti-sway bars, STi Brembos f/r, Superleggeras for competition and Rota Boosts for daily driving. And no straddling cones for me in autox. If any are left standing, I'm not terrorizing the course workers like I should be.

PS - Recaro Young booster seat in the rear of the wagon. And teenage boys go ga-ga over a 300 hp wagon with a 5-speed! The brakes and wheels catch their eyes, then they never stop asking questions about the rest of the car.

Archived