LegacyGT.com

Suspension changes?

slip304

I"m the happy new owner of a 05 ltd wagon. I've been doing alot of reading here and other forums but no one really seems to agree on many of these suspension "upgrades".. I have to say I'm a bit lost as to which direction I should take. Strut braces? sway bars? springs? bushings? My previous car had tokico's, Eibach's and energy suspension bushings. The wagons handling seems very mooshy in comparison. I"m looking for improvements, most mods here seem to simply be changes.. Great all around forum though, helped me make my final decision to purchase the legacy. Thanks.

I'd have to suggest the first thing you do is decide where you actually want to go with the suspension. Will it be a strictly street setup, or will you take it to the gymkhana or circuit? If you simply want to cure the mushy feel, I'd wager that simply following the same path as before would get you there. Some good springs and strut dampers would do some good, as well as some good tyres with stiffer sidewalls and good grip. Other cheap upgrades to feel would be stabilizer bar endlinks to remove that particular area of built-in slop, and possibly even upgrading the stabilizer bars. I wouldn't suggest much more than that right now. I'd get the better tyres first, actually, since those are a must, then gradually work through the other components till you have the feel that you want. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url]

Archived