LegacyGT.com

wheel hop

I went out this morning and it was raining...So, with a big smile, I decide to work on my launch tech. and make a few attempts to take off quick in the wet...I got alot of wheel hop on the front pass side. Is this normal? I have s stech springs and sti wheels with 225/45/17 kumho mx tires.

It's normal; stiffer suspension components (like motor mounts or other bushings) will help

how much vibration is there after doing mounts? also, since this thread is open, got any links to mounts i can look at:icon_wink

Something from here would be good if they ever make them for the LGT:

http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/subaru.html

I haven't done them in the legacy (as maybe there aren't any available? I'm not seeing much in googling it), but in my Talon, there was quite a bit more vibration and in my old Nissan Spec V there wasn't too much more. Vibration can vary from car to car depending on how well balanced the engine is to begin with.

but in my Talon, there was quite a bit more vibration

+1. In my talon, I did 2 of the 4 motor/tranny mounts and I thought there was too much vibration so I removed them. I won't ride in my friends Talon because he has all 4 done, and it's awful.....at idle it's like holding a jackhammer.

I won't ride in my friends Talon because he has all 4 done, and it's awful.....at idle it's like holding a jackhammer.

Lol, mine's not quite that bad. I did all 4 motor mounts and removed the balance shafts. The only thing that I notice for vibration is that the oil filter likes to back itself off :icon_surp

Archived