LegacyGT.com

Spring Recomendations in NYC

BigT

Having used pinks on USDM and JDM struts, I would recommend upgrading the struts rather than trying to find different springs. I don't think the USDM struts have enough damping ability to handle higher spring rates. Look for a set of used JDM GT struts. Pinks + JDM = good.

If you are set on springs + USDM perhaps check out the new Cobbs.

Tom

Are H-Techs not a good upgrade from stock? I know that they preserve ride quality fairly nicely. I will definetely look for some JDM struts, or perhaps some tokico's?

I have the H techs and I think they preserve 90% of the stock ride and drop the car nicely. But..handling hasn;t improved dramatically.. if you are looking for a slight imorovement in handling while retaining a near stock ride I would go with the H techs.

Also..keep in mind that some folks have not been too happy with Htechs and the LGT stock shocks. I have not had any problem with the bilstiens..

I think the iONs are one of the best springs you can get for increased ride quality and a firmer suspension (variable rate fronts FTW!) I know bluechip has had problems with them but I own 2.5 sets myself and know of 8 others with the iONs and no problems with any of them.

At any rate if you think the pinks are too harsh them I would recommend some used JDM GT Bilsteins with JDM springs. Pinks are fairly softly sprung, and I would guess the JDMs are likely the only ones that are softer then pinks yet firmer then OEM. FWIW the dampers will make the biggest performance improvement, but OEM springs are really too soft.

USDM spec-B struts = JDM GT Bilsteins but cost a lot more.

What do you have for tires? That can make a huge difference as well.

I have the H techs and I think they preserve 90% of the stock ride and drop the car nicely. But..handling hasn;t improved dramatically.. if you are looking for a slight imorovement in handling while retaining a near stock ride I would go with the H techs.

Also..keep in mind that some folks have not been too happy with Htechs and the LGT stock shocks. I have not had any problem with the bilstiens..

+1 on the first part. Nice even drop. As for the second part, I haven't had any issues with my H-tech & OEM shock/strut setup in about a year of having it on my car. Just my experience, mind you.
:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

Archived