LegacyGT.com

Livermore?

GoSix

So, I am currently negotiating an offer with a company in Livermore. Just wondering if any of you are out there!

Also, any idea on the rental market, where to live, etc... in and around Livermore? I'm going to rent out my place in Sacto, so I'll I'm just gonna look to rent a house out there.

Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

wow, not a peep!!! Must be an exciting place!!!

Okay, how about Dublin, Pleasanton, or San Ramon...Tracy???

Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

Dublin, Pleasanton, Danville, and San Ramon are nice areas. Dublin, Pleasanton, and San Ramon are basically the same area, so you can't go wrong with either one. The Regal Theater is a nice theater. There's plenty of shopping (Best Buy, CompUSA, Stoneridge Mall, etc). There's an In-N Out nearby and a Krispy Kreme (haha, California staples). The housing looks nice in a lot of areas, so you don't feel as if you're living in a sketchy area in almost all parts of those cities. Easy access to 680 and 880 isn't too far off 238 (580 -> 238 -> 880). Although it does get pretty stuffy when 580 turns into 238 for the far left lanes in the afternoon and between 5-6. It turns into 2 lanes and there's construction.

Traffic on 580 is pretty ass on the way to Tracy on rush hour (between 4-6). A lot of people have bought homes in Tracy because it's the cheapest in the Bay Area (where people are actually willing to live in). So I guess they figured the massive savings in the cost of living in Tracy was worth the 1 1/2-2 hour one way commutes to their jobs. Tracy is far as hell from everything else. That town is okay and it's developing pretty fast with a lot of stores and restaurants opening up, but it still has that "middle of nowhere" feel to it. I only go there on occassion to get some Sonic Burger (it's the only one in the Bay Area).

Archived