LegacyGT.com

'06 SPEC B or '07 LGT

crazyravr

The 07 has a lot of newer stuff that can be worth more than the features of the spec b. The mp3 and aux in are enough for me to get a 07 hands down. Everything else can be done if you really want to.

So can aux in. However, I place emphasis on driving and the Spec.B is good to go right out of the box complete with warranty.

Frankly, I can't understand deciding on a car based on stupid aux-in. Do you live in your cars, people?

06 SpecB is not great deal IMHO, because it's simply overpriced, even for $30k. Bilsteins can be had for $800 and you have SpecB without SpecB tag.

But, OTOH if someone can afford to spend $30k and don't want to bother with swapping suspesion etc, 06 SpecB is not a bad choice then.

Frankly, I can't understand deciding on a car based on stupid aux-in. Do you live in your cars, people?

06 SpecB is not great deal IMHO, because it's simply overpriced, even for $30k. Bilsteins can be had for $800 and you have SpecB without SpecB tag.

But, OTOH if someone can afford to spend $30k and don't want to bother with swapping suspesion etc, 06 SpecB is not a bad choice then.

Don't forget the ECU intregrated NAV/info system, the aluminum suspension parts and upgraded wheels/tires.

Fine. Again, depends on one preferences...

Aluminium parts = cool, but it's not day and night difference, I am sure

NAV = gets poor revieves

Wheels = look good, but narrow (7") and heavy

Fine. Again, depends on one preferences...

Aluminium parts = cool, but it's not day and night difference, I am sure

NAV = gets poor revieves

Wheels = look good, but narrow (7") and heavy

It does depend on preferences.

The aluminum parts with the Bilsteins do make a noticable difference.

The Nav is just fine. Of course, these systems are evolving all the time so we can all look forward to really whiz bang systems in 5 years.

Some OEMS (Infiniti for example) are going to taller wheels with longer rather than wider contact patches as a more efficient way of providing traction. I prefer a strong wheel for Chicago so I'll have to pay the penalty with some unsprung weight. An added bonus with the taller wheels is better cruising speed mileage. It will be interesting to see what mileage 07 Spec.B owners begin reporting with the 6MT OEM wheel/tire set up.

07's also are XM ready (works good - have it installed) and the SRS WoW on the stock radio makes a big difference. If it's an option for you - wait a couple of months and save up the extra coin to get the 6 speed 07 Spec.

i don't live in my car, but spend over two hours a day in it just commuting. aux-in/mp3 is as important as awd or turbo for me. :)

i don't live in my car, but spend over two hours a day in it just commuting. aux-in/mp3 is as important as awd or turbo for me. :)

I loaded in a pile of mp3s and have more tunes than I'll probably ever listen to and then, this being Chicago, live traffic reports are mandatory so I have the radio on quite a bit.

It will be interesting to see what mileage 07 Spec.B owners begin reporting with the 6MT OEM wheel/tire set up.

i believe the epa est. gas mileage is lower, due to the extra weight of the 6mt

on another note, imo, any factory nav is not as desirable as, and usually more expensive than, a portable system, which can also be used in another car, a rental, a boat, etc., etc., without the silly limitations on using it while the car is in gear. doesn't mean owners shouldn't enjoy having it, just means they shouldn't try to justify its added cost when a portable system of better quality can be had for less

07 LGT for the mp3 CD and aux in alone...

SI drive is gimmicky so i dont consider that a real reason.

But the a $4K price difference you can EASILY upgrade suspension AND wheels to something superior to spec B specs.

oh and the biggest reason....

60/40 split rear folding seats....giving your sedan in the 07 an almost wagon-like cargo capacity..... i honestly find this to be the greatest feature on my 07 spec B, not the suspension, navi or bilsteins.

Ed

I would go the Spec b simply because of tunability.

No one knows how long it will be before the SI Drive is cracked and the aftermarket is ready to go ... 6months , 1 year ... who knows

However ... the split rear seat is the most compelling argument for the 07 IMHO

Waiting for the "split rear seat 05+ retrofit install instructions" sticky :icon_mrgr

I would go the Spec b simply because of tunability.

No one knows how long it will be before the SI Drive is cracked and the aftermarket is ready to go ... 6months , 1 year ... who knows

However ... the split rear seat is the most compelling argument for the 07 IMHO

Waiting for the "split rear seat 05+ retrofit install instructions" sticky :icon_mrgr

Cobb already cracked the SI Drive and maps for it will be out when AccessPort 2.0 is released.

I dont know if Cobb has commited to the idea of incorporating use of the SI knob with the 07 legacy accessporrts, but sincce ALL the turbo 07s will have the SI drive, it make no sense not to...

Im just hoping were not just supporting unsubstantiated rumors. All Cobb officially announced was they cracked the 07 ECUs, not that they will implement the map switch function.

Ed

Archived