LegacyGT.com

LGT: 2, 2WD cars: 0

Today I was driving around some curvy roads on a poker run, with the local car club. It rained, so the roads are wet. We were going the speed limit, just not really slowing down for the turns. I'm taking the turns well within the traction limit of my car (on 225 Kuhmo MXs). An E36 M3 is behind me going into this one right hander. I go around the turn effortlessly and continue on the straight. I check my rearview mirror - no more M3. Eventually I see the Taurus that was behind him. I figured that he'd spun out. When we got to the next station, my suspicions were confirmed. When we got to the last station, one of the Mustang guys who was a few cars behind me also owned up to spinning out. I wasn't even driving my car near the limit. I'm not sure whether to attribute this to driver skill, tires, or the superiority of AWD in slightly wet conditions.

Nice!!

I drove up to the mountains this past weekend through 2 snow storms (...or you might say the same storm twice?) Anyway, with my Hankook Icebear 300 snow tires mounted, I pretty much just set the cruise control to 65 and had the most casual drive you could imagine.

I was sipping hot chocalate and practically driving one handed. Passing every SUV in my path...I know there are more than a few SUV drivers out there thinking to themselves "Damn I shoulda boughta a LGT!" ...either that, or "WTF was that thing???" hehe

AWD FTW!!

I had fun drive through the twisties this weekend too. ^^I had my cruise control set on 65 also haha. I do hate when you come across minivans and suvs doing 5 mph below the speed limit. (thank goodness for passing zones :))

Archived