LegacyGT.com

HELP! Wife's dress "micro glittered" my interior!

Title pretty much says it all. Went to a wedding last night and my lovely wife's dress had copius amounts of a glittery substance on it (which I didn't realize was coming off ALL OVER my BLACK interior as we drove until we reached the event).

This morning I took my heavy-duty shop vac to the seats (as careully as possible) and found it nearly impossible to get the glitter from the perforations in the leather seats... The carpet did come clean, with a LOT OF quality time spent with the shop vac.

I tried putting maksing tape on and peeling it off - no way, too deep in the perforations.

I tried soaking the seats in McG's gold-class leather juice hoping to "float it out" (which did work, somewhat... but I used half a bottle to do it...)

anyone have any ideas at all how I can get that crap out?

That dress is going into it's plastic bag and is being given to my sister or something. I want it the hell out of my sight.

Thanks in advance,

Drew

I tried soaking the seats in McG's gold-class leather juice hoping to "float it out" (which did work, somewhat... but I used half a bottle to do it...)

Call McG's and ask for a tanker full?

Sorry about your luck. I've heard of this happening before and the only solution is to tell the lucky lady to wrap a blanket around your seat. Or, have her sit on the other seats to even it all out. Sparkles = :icon_cool

What about one of those sticky roller things that cat owners use to get cat hair off their clothing etc.? Pet Smart probably sells them.

yep, tried the dqag hair remover thing... no worky :( the glitter is too deep into the perforations...

When using the shop-vac did you use a brush attachment? Might help to dig them out or move them so the suction will grab them. Just a thought.

ooooooo! no, I didn't try one of those!!! I am going to go to homless depot later tonite and I will seee if they have one, they have a decent selection of shop-vac accessories there, should have it... and it looks like it is worth a try....

at this point, I am a desperate man.

The worst thing is that I have nothing to focus my anger at! I can't be mad at my wife, she didn't intentionally get glitter all over (in fact she offered to try and clean it for me, which I had to decline... there is a marked differece in the way the two of us approiach car-cleaning) all I can do is just keep sweeping back and forth with the shop vac hoping that every stroke will take one one bit of that crap out of my seats.

Thanks for the replies gents. I apprecaite it.

Drew

Pixors of wife?

:icon_mrgr

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Archived