LegacyGT.com

Poll: 07 LGT spec.B vs 07 STI LTD

EarlQHan

07 Legacy GT spec.B vs. 07 Impreza WRX STI LTD.  

84 members have voted

1. 1. 07 Legacy GT spec.B vs. 07 Impreza WRX STI LTD.

• spec.B
    • LTD

I'm sorry if I sounded derogatory. I was curious and hey, sounds like you've done well already at 22. Keep up the good work in school.

No problem. It is understandable to wonder how someone my age can afford a car. 32K is a LOT of money, especially for someone who's primary job does not get paid. It is financed and my father did have to co-sign as I had no credit record at the time. (I think my score was 670 at the time...) But I do get some assistance, I'm not going to deny that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The STI LTD is still too damn small for me, even though its fast, you can modify any LGT to make it faster. The extra money you pay for a Spec B is too much. If you buy a normal LGT and spend the difference in the amount of money that you would have paid for the Spec B, you will you have a faster and better handling car. (Assuming you are going through the right tuners, i.e. Cobb, TDC, etc)

Case in point:

These Subaru numbers are from the website.

2007 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B (fully loaded)

Total Suggested Retail Price $35,843

2007 Subaru Legacy GT Limited Sedan (fully loaded)

Total Suggested Retail Price $30,461

Difference of $5382 dollars.

TDC Tuning Package

Ultimate Stage 2.5 Protuned w Accessport

[pwr-pak-7] $3,685.00

Includes

Cobb AccessPort +

TDC Stage II Protune Map +

Turbo Catted Downpipe + (Choices include Crucial Shorty, Cobb Catted, Cobb Catless, Perrin Catless)

GT Spec Unequal Length Headers w/ Integrated UP (Coated + 220)

Crank Lightweight Pulley + (Choices include Perrin or Cobb)

K&N Typhoon

Perrin TMIC

Cat Back Exhaust System + (Choices include Borla, Megan Racing (coming soon), Perrin)

Suspension

Cusco Zero2 Coilover Suspension $1,899.99

Cusco LGT Sway Bar Kit $349.99

Cost of Aftermarket Modifications: $5933

In comparison, you will pay $35,843 for a Spec B, which has Bilstein suspension and ugly blue ricer seats, different rims and still has the same power as the LGT.

Or, spend $36,394 for an LGT that has much better suspension, nice leather seats, and a modified engine with over 300 horses.

Its an easy choice in my book.

^ Rumor has it that the Spec.B has more power. Don't forget the NAV. Last night we had some pretty intense fog that obscured the road signs. I flicked on the map to double check my position because the fog was so intense I was going by exits and not seeing them until I went under the overpasses. Sweet.

Fog light effectiveness? Meh.

^ Rumor has it that the Spec.B has more power. Don't forget the NAV. Last night we had some pretty intense fog that obscured the road signs. I flicked on the map to double check my position because the fog was so intense I was going by exits and not seeing them until I went under the overpasses. Sweet.

Fog light effectiveness? Meh.

I have also heard that, but its speculation and even if it did, it wouldn't compare to modding your car.....

eh, NAV shmav....I would rather have a Tom Tom

For the record, I bought an 07 STI Limited two weeks ago and while it continues to have some of the throttle response issues mentioned previously, it is getting quicker and quicker and smoother and smoother. I now have 650 miles on it.

Also for the record, with just a tune, one guy has made 276 awp/336 tq (see this thread: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1125595) :woowoo:

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

In comparison, you will pay $35,843 for a Spec B, which has Bilstein suspension and ugly blue ricer seats, different rims and still has the same power as the LGT.

However, I paid just $32,800 for my '07 Spec B and I actually really like my "ugly blue ricer seats". So I for one don't except your analysis.

The Spec.B is really a sweet car. As a driving platform value, it is unmatched in the automotive world.

You know Vimy I think you and I are among the few on this board who actually really appreciate everything about the Spec B. I couldn't agree more, for the money, this is probably the best combination of performance, luxury and value. It really irks me to hear these put downs from folks who seem to enjoy criticizing for the sake of it!

I love the spec.B, I just don't think I'm old enough for one yet ;p Besides, I just love my STi too much. It's been my dream car since '99 (when I was 14 and most people didn't even know what a Subaru was). I'm just fortunate enough to someone who has owned his or her dream car. I think in 8 years (age 30), I'll become a specB owner though. That or a Fit owner.

However, this causes another dilemma, now that I've "lived the dream", I no longer have a definitive dream car, nor will I likely own any of the cars I dream about (DB9, F430, CCX, etc.) ;[

You need reasonable dream cars. Mine are the LGT (duh), E30 M3, the Porsche 911 993 cabrio or turbo (95-98), and now the new BMW 335i coupe/conv. Moving up a little more, I'd really love a Maserati GranSport convertible.
-ben

Cost of Aftermarket Modifications: $5933

Cost of kissing your warranty adios: Priceless. But, Mastercard can make you a commercial whereby you can use their card to pay for your repairs. Priceless.

And, are you factoring in the installation (and alignment) of those parts?

Also, let's just wait and see what tuning really has to offer to the LGT or Spec B battle. If there is a 20 +/- hp difference from the factory, can the tuners make this 40? Maybe. If yes, then we can kiss, make up and put this debate to rest.

Oh, you also forgot to add a [possibly] more robust tranny to your shopping list and Torsen :icon_wink . $3-4,000 right there, no? That puts "your" LGT at $40k. $4k on top of the Spec B is a good chunk of change; at that price, I'll stick to a Spec B with $2k in mods.

Cost of kissing your warranty adios: Priceless. But, Mastercard can make you a commercial whereby you can use their card to pay for your repairs. Priceless.

And, are you factoring in the installation (and alignment) of those parts?

Also, let's just wait and see what tuning really has to offer to the LGT or Spec B battle. If there is a 20 +/- hp difference from the factory, can the tuners make this 40? Maybe. If yes, then we can kiss, make up and put this debate to rest.

Oh, you also forgot to add a [possibly] more robust tranny to your shopping list and Torsen :icon_wink . $3-4,000 right there, no? That puts "your" LGT at $40k. $4k on top of the Spec B is a good chunk of change; at that price, I'll stick to a Spec B with $2k in mods.

As for the warranty, if you know your dealership really well, thats not the case. No, I wouldn not be installing that myself, I would get help for that. Just face it, the Spec B and LGT are great cars, but you are paying Subaru a lot of extra money for aftermarket parts. Thats all.

As for the warranty, if you know your dealership really well, thats not the case. No, I wouldn not be installing that myself, I would get help for that. Just face it, the Spec B and LGT are great cars, but you are paying Subaru a lot of extra money for aftermarket parts. Thats all.

Yup, both are great cars with great potential :)

• 2 years later...

Archived