LegacyGT.com

new leggy or camry

bpkmrtoes

Camry ftw.

I can relate. My folks watched me obscess over 3 Subarus now, and they can appreciate the quality over the years. But they have no interest in them for themselves. They are Camry/Accord fans and will get a new one of those soon. No luck twisting them into an Impreza/Legacy.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Dad can't understand at all why my car had a sticker of 28k. He sees a small car with a four cylinder engine. I wouldn't recommend my LGT to my parents.

The rear legroom on an Accord or Camry HAS to be better than a Legacy. Even the passenger legroom on the Legacy is pathetic.

- The Mortgage Man

I'm one of these "Asian" parent. My eldest son is 15. Before buying my LGT last weekend, I also considered '06 Accord EX V6 6MT, '06 MazdaSpeed6, and '06 Volvo S60R. I want this car to be an incentive for him to study hard in school. If he does well and get into a good university, he gets the LGT. If not, he gets the old '94 Mazda 626 4-cyl that we have as an extra car.

The reason I picked the LGT:

The S60R usually comes fully loaded. It would have been about $12,000 over what I paid for the LGT. The MZSP6 is in its first year. I usually stay away from vehicles in their first year because of the usual issues with new models. The Accord is my second choice. Pros of Accord over LGT, about 10% better gas mileage, more room, 6-sp MT, better resale value, maybe better reliability. Cons of Accord, ugly, FWD, too common, not as good handling (that can probably be fixed w/ tires & suspension upgrades).

I didn't consider Camry because the V6 only comes w/ AT.

I'm one of these "Asian" parent. My eldest son is 15. Before buying my LGT last weekend, I also considered '06 Accord EX V6 6MT, '06 MazdaSpeed6, and '06 Volvo S60R. I want this car to be an incentive for him to study hard in school. If he does well and get into a good university, he gets the LGT. If not, he gets the old '94 Mazda 626 4-cyl that we have as an extra car.

The S60R usually comes fully loaded. It would have been about $12,000 over what I paid for the LGT. The MZSP6 is in its first year. I usually stay away from vehicles in their first year because of the usual issues with new models. The Accord is my second choice. Pros of Accord over LGT, about 10% better gas mileage, more room, 6-sp MT, better resale value, maybe better reliability. Cons of Accord, ugly, FWD, too common, not as good handling (that can probably be fixed w/ tires & suspension upgrades).

oo soo did you purchase the LGT with passsing it onto your son in mind? or... you have fun driving yourself... lol... a car is a great way to persue a child to work hard in school

20k......New.......Good luck on that search;)

Get a V6 Sonata....close to 20k....very good warranty.....mirrir like performance of a V Accord.

Now if the target price was 30K.....

Funny how everybody missed the good advice. If you'd like the most car for your money, buy the Sonata v6 with leather and all the goodies.

If you're still of the "but it's just a Hyundai" crowd there's always the 10 year warranty to take care of you. Throw in the top scores in crash tests and you've got a winner.

You can even get into a base Azera for $25k that'll kill anything in that price range. Go drive some Hyundai's - you'll be surprised. It'll certainly make you question buying another bellybutton car.

Hey, some of my fellow Asian friends got a G35, M3 and even an Escalade just for attending PCC :D

Funny how everybody missed the good advice. If you'd like the most car for your money, buy the Sonata v6 with leather and all the goodies.

If you're still of the "but it's just a Hyundai" crowd there's always the 10 year warranty to take care of you. Throw in the top scores in crash tests and you've got a winner.

You can even get into a base Azera for $25k that'll kill anything in that price range. Go drive some Hyundai's - you'll be surprised. It'll certainly make you question buying another bellybutton car.

No... I didn't miss it. I already replied to that comment already. I have asked if they like the Hyundai's but they don't like the looks of the car. yeah I know they're picky...

My grandma says that the door handles, which are metal, on their Camry cut her fingers.

wow, are you serious?

Hey, some of my fellow Asian friends got a G35, M3 and even an Escalade just for attending PCC :D

wow, are YOU serious? I can see that happening though. Actually... I can see that happening to myself... :icon_mrgr but I have big dreams... I wanna earn some of life's enjoyments.

ill sell u a camry if u are near montana!!

That's a 20+ hour drive buddy.

A friend needed serious work on their car (Cherokee) and rented a Hyundai for about 3 weeks. It was a nice car, to me it looked and drove like an Accord. I think, the leather just might have been better than the Legacy.

10 year / 100 K warranty is also attractive. Reminds me of how Toyota and Datsun (anyone here remember this "car") and Honda got a foothold on the US market although the forumla was a little different.

But, none of the 3 were as "nice" as the Legacy (for me).

oo soo did you purchase the LGT with passsing it onto your son in mind? or... you have fun driving yourself... lol... a car is a great way to persue a child to work hard in school

Yes & Yes. His 1st & 2nd choice were LGT & MZSP6. If he earns the LGT, I'll just have to get myself something that is faster than his...lol. :lol: In the mean time, I get to enjoy it.:lol:

Yes & Yes. His 1st & 2nd choice were LGT & MZSP6. If he earns the LGT, I'll just have to get myself something that is faster than his...lol. :lol: In the mean time, I get to enjoy it.:lol:

You trust your son a lot. When my youngest began driving, there were all kind sof scrapes, dents and once a missing bumper mysteriously happening.

I'd keep the '94 Mazda for him......

You trust your son a lot. When my youngest began driving, there were all kind sof scrapes, dents and once a missing bumper mysteriously happening.

I'd keep the '94 Mazda for him......

I do intent to keep the '94 Mazda for him to learn to drive a manual trans, and to get plenty of time behind-the-wheel. I sure do not want him to learn on the LGT.

haha what a cool father!! plenty of behind the wheel and first hand experiences will be a great start to learning to drive responsibly.

Since I loved cars at a young age i've learned to take care of the car and my body work/painting skills arent that bad ethier. I loved working on cars. Even before i started to drive i learned how to hook up my system. I even did some work on the side such as installing audio equipment, fix dents, painting minor parts such as lips to painting bigger things as fenders, bumpers and rims, cutting and installing side markers, and installing a bunch of little things. I look forward to when i can be able to do my own swaps. Last thing I did to my civic was install a turbo kit, but it was pretty straight forward.

would you be the type of father thatt would help and encourage modding your son's car? but then again you guys already have a nice lineup of some pretty decent stock cars.

Legacy 2.5i SE vs Accord EX

Legacy is $2,525 LESS expensive

Legacy is AWD

Legacy has more ground clearance

Legacy has more HP and Torque

Legacy has 17" wheels (Accord has 16")

Legacy has more Headroom and Legroom in all seating positions

Legacy can tow 2700 lbs (no towing capacity for Accord)

Legacy has active head restraints

Legacy has Gold IIHS safety designation

Legacy is way more engaging to drive.

Legacy has a nicer interior

More car for less money... The winner is the Legacy.

Legacy 2.5i SE vs Toyota Camry

Legacy is $1,080 LESS expensive

Legacy is AWD

Legacy has more HP and Torque

Legacy has a smaller turning radius

Legacy has more ground clearance

Legacy has more front Legroom

Legacy is lighter

Legacy has active headrestraints

Legacy has adjustable lumbar support

Legacy has Gold crash rating

Legacy is way more engaging to drive

Legacy has a nicer interior

Once again... unless you need a large boat...More car for less money... The winner is the Legacy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Legacy 2.5i SE vs Accord EX

Legacy has more Headroom and Legroom in all seating positions

Don't know what/where you are getting your data from, but the Accord is larger than the Legacy.

The only measurement the Legacy is larger is front leg room. Headroom is greater front and rear for the Accord and rear seat leg room is 3 inches more for the Accord. Hip and shoulder room is also greater in the Accord.

The Camry has 5 inches more rear seat leg room.

I am not saying the Legacy is not good, but it's not the size of a Camry/Accord at all.

The new Civic is close to the interior room as the Legacy, actually the Civic has more rear seat room than the Legacy.

Interior volume (cu-ft):

Civic 88

Legacy 90

Accord 97

Camry 100

Trunk volume (cu-ft):

Civic 12

Legacy 11

Accord 14

Camry 15

I only have read the first page of this thread,

but, since you want to play with a honda for another few years, just forget about the legacy, DONT EVEN TEST DRIVE IT, it'll poison you.

as an asian, not to say asian parents are cheap, just that they dont have a personality, which means they are very pratical. EVEN the 2.5i will not satisfy their praticalism.

But on the other hand, as you are 18 only, i believe that if you dont have the money now to buy it, you are probably going to pass this car forever. Not that i am saying you are going to be poor, i am saying that you'll switch your taste when you grow up a little bit, and the car you want will not be legacy anymore.

AFTERALL, asian parents should get an Accord. they will love it.

The '07 2.5i MSRP is $20495 and '07 Camry CE is $18270. There really isn't a whole lot of differences in standard features aside from AWD vs FWD. The 2.5i has more powerful engine than the Camry but the Camry gets better MPG, 22/29 vs 24/34. The only thing on the option list of importance is that Camry could be optioned with traction and stability control.

Asian parents will not be able to take adventage of the AWD, hence will NEVER appericate AWD.

Only asian kids will. :icon_bigg

Archived