LegacyGT.com

Dealership service

bskey

I searched the threads and nothing quite answered my question. I just bought my 05 LGT and I want to take it in to a dealership to have them look it over from bumper to bumper. I have heard that some dealerships are more than generous with warranty issues and that some want to fight over every penny. What experience do you all have with the different dealershp's service depts? Who would you reccomend? I am on the south end of Denver, in Parker, and the closest one to me is John Elway South, but I have only heard bad things about them. I could really use your experience / advice! Thanks!

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Stay away from Elway South. I had nothing but bad experiences with them with my LGT.

Took the car in to get my free first oil change. Got all the way home and there was a HUGE pool of oil underneath the car the next morning. I called them up.....steaming.....took the car back to them......watched the guy change the oil AGAIN on it, and that was the last dealings I had with them.

I bought my first WRX from Shortline. Their sales dept sucked, but the service department was good. Got a few free oil changes from there, and had no problems with them.

I just do all my own maintenance now......just did the 60K on the grocery getter. Dealer wanted like $700 for it, my buddies and I did it for $170 in parts/fluids/case of beer, and the better part of a Sat afternoon.

I know that www.flatironstuning.com is good too. Whatever you do, STAY AWAY from Elway South.

Also, Speedy Roopair is right down the street from my house. I met the owner Dave at one of the meets, and he seemed like a pretty nice guy. http://www.speedyroopair.net/index.html

Good Luck!

:)

Later, Ben.

I dislike Shortline (they are closest to me), had several bad experiences with them giving me wrong parts when I had my WRX. Wouldn't give them my business for anything now.

Flatirons Subaru is where I go. Looooong drive, but I trust the dealership. Shortline isn't too bad either. Also, Jayson Black (used to work for Burt Subaru) just started his own shop. Super nice guy, and if you don't HAVE to use the dealership, go to him. PM me for his number.

i take mine to elway south and have been really pleased with them. they fixed the dash rattle I had developed, they allow me to supply my own mobil1 oil to use when they service my car, so I don't have to pay them 2x as much for the same stuff. they have always replaced everything I have asked them too as well. Not one time did they argue or say it wasn't covered. Multiple times we have gotten phone calls from them asking to fill out a survey about our experiences and to let them know so they could fix if their was anything we didn't like. Hell, the one time (dash rattle) they kept the car for more than a few hours they gave us a new obxt as a loaner. I have never been mpre impressed with a dealership than I have with them.

I took it in to Elway South yesterday just to have it looked over for problems, and they replaced the thing that holds my floormat down, and my cubby cover, because it had a scratch in the paint, no questions asked. It took a bit longer than I anticipated, but all in all I had a good experience. The manager came to me afterwards, introduced himself, gave me his card, asked if I was satisfied, and made refrence to the fact that they want me to be happy and come back so they can establish a service history and so they can be my preferred service provider. I'd say all in all I was happy. Because it is so close to my house, I think I'll continue to go there for warranty issues until they piss me off, but it looks like Jayson Black is a good local guy to go to for expensive labor work. I hear any dealership is a bad choice for aftermarket work, especially if it will void my warranty.

Burt has only fixed two issues for me and that was replacing the ECU for the fan issue and a squeaky clutch. They have not fixed the loose H-brace, or the leaking downpipe (those I had to do myself). The only nice thing is they give you a loaner car. Burt has also taken its sweet time ordering a new fan relay for me (4+ weeks and counting). I have taken my car into Flatirons and they did not fixe the loose H-Brace either...so far I am unimpressed by both stealerships services.

The only nice thing that seperates flatirons is they do non oem performance parts.

I took it in to Elway South yesterday just to have it looked over for problems, and they replaced the thing that holds my floormat down, and my cubby cover, because it had a scratch in the paint, no questions asked. It took a bit longer than I anticipated, but all in all I had a good experience. The manager came to me afterwards, introduced himself, gave me his card, asked if I was satisfied, and made refrence to the fact that they want me to be happy and come back so they can establish a service history and so they can be my preferred service provider. I'd say all in all I was happy. Because it is so close to my house, I think I'll continue to go there for warranty issues until they piss me off, but it looks like Jayson Black is a good local guy to go to for expensive labor work. I hear any dealership is a bad choice for aftermarket work, especially if it will void my warranty.

Maybe things have changed for the better down there. Good luck with them. :)

I've been taking mine to Elway South...they've been doing great for me. There was one problem where I called asking if a part I had ordered came, they said yes. But, when I got there the part was not there, and wouldn't be for a couple more days. The guy I was working said because of that, they would not charge me for the installation. When I got there to get my install done, the guy didn't note anything about the free install, but the manager still gave it to me.

I took my car to Burt once for an oil change and Super Roopair for an install on the same day. Will not go back to either, cause when I washed my car two days later, there was a huge scrape by the front passenger bumper. Don't know which (if either) did it, but will not go back to either because of that

• 4 weeks later...

I took my WRX to Elway South to get a dash rattle fixed. It wasn't fixed but they pressured me to give them outstanding ratings on their stupid survey anyway. This was the only service I had done that sticks out in my head.

I am purchasing an '07 LGT from them next week and between them, Shortline, and Burt, Elway South has the most competent and willing to work with/for you salespeople. Shortline had a bunch of geezers that wanted to focus on how the mirror dimmed and the climate controls worked when I was trying to steer the converstation towards performance.

I've never been to Flat Irons but I heard they are the most mod friendly.

Watch out for Shortline........they used to rivet the badges into the trunks!

Happened to my old 03 WRX Sedan. Didnt even notice it was riveted until I had allready signed the papers, and was at home.

Elway south has treated me good as well.

I was just in there for a wheel bearing problem. They are replacing it next Tuesday. I like the $19.95 oil change coupons I get from them as well.

I have mods that are very visable as well (TMIC, intake hose, BOV, etc) all the service rep said was "look at all those purty parts". No crap about voiding my warranty like I have heard in the past.

Driscoll how much do they charge to change with Mobil 1 (when you bring your own)?

Elway south has treated me good as well.

I was just in there for a wheel bearing problem. They are replacing it next Tuesday. I like the $19.95 oil change coupons I get from them as well.

I have mods that are very visable as well (TMIC, intake hose, BOV, etc) all the service rep said was "look at all those purty parts". No crap about voiding my warranty like I have heard in the past.

Driscoll how much do they charge to change with Mobil 1 (when you bring your own)?

I think they were charging me about $50 when they supplied the oil. I was able to get the maintenance paid for by them when I bought the car, so oil changes are free for me when I supply the mobil1

Watch out for Shortline........they used to rivet the badges into the trunks!

Happened to my old 03 WRX Sedan. Didnt even notice it was riveted until I had allready signed the papers, and was at home.

They also put those DAMNED pin stripes on EVERY car too! We have to stop this practice people. My request for all of you is if you choose to buy a car from Shortline, please PLEASE make them take off the pinstripes! Maybe they will get the hint after a couple hundred requests!

They also put those DAMNED pin stripes on EVERY car too! We have to stop this practice people. My request for all of you is if you choose to buy a car from Shortline, please PLEASE make them take off the pinstripes! Maybe they will get the hint after a couple hundred requests!

Yeah, I went to Shortline once, cause I needed to get a couple parts (no service work) and all the sales people there acted like they'd never seen a modded car...all I had at the time was the RBS grill. They were all asking if it was hard to get the stock one out...Haven't been back since...

Wow! I went to John Elway South today with a list of demands, expecting a battle for some of it, and they were awesome. They ordered all my parts, sceduled me for install later this week and are giving me a loaner while they do the labor.

My list of demands:

-My A-pillar trim fabrick was loosening from the plastic, so they are giving me a whole new one.

-My Ebrake boot plastic trim broke, so they are replacing that, as well as the leather boot surround and tightening my ebrake cable.

-They are replacint all my rubber window molding, as mine was starting to crack.

-They are giving me spare pop-its for connecting the bumper to the underbody cover.

-They are going to fix the small gap between the botom of the climate controll and the ash tray surround ( I gave them part# 66073AG08AJC, which I found on this forum).

-They ordered mounting hardware for my bug deflector, which I bough off a forum member.

-And..... they are going to fix my squeaky dashboard.

All at no cost to me, and best of all, I didn't have to fight for it. I am really starting to like them.

Wow! I went to John Elway South today with a list of demands, expecting a battle for some of it, and they were awesome. They ordered all my parts, sceduled me for install later this week and are giving me a loaner while they do the labor.

My list of demands:

-My A-pillar trim fabrick was loosening from the plastic, so they are giving me a whole new one.

-My Ebrake boot plastic trim broke, so they are replacing that, as well as the leather boot surround and tightening my ebrake cable.

-They are replacint all my rubber window molding, as mine was starting to crack.

-They are giving me spare pop-its for connecting the bumper to the underbody cover.

-They are going to fix the small gap between the botom of the climate controll and the ash tray surround ( I gave them part# 66073AG08AJC, which I found on this forum).

-They ordered mounting hardware for my bug deflector, which I bough off a forum member.

-And..... they are going to fix my squeaky dashboard.

All at no cost to me, and best of all, I didn't have to fight for it. I am really starting to like them.

Awesome to hear! Guess they are on the up-and-up now. Things must have changed since I dealt with them over a year ago.

Archived