LegacyGT.com

Going to finalize price 2moro..

FrescoGT

I'm a bit settled into negotiations with a few dealers on a brand new 2007 Legacy 2.5GT Limited sedan (manual trans.) with no options. I spoke to one dealer and advised I would visit tomrrow night to finalize the deal and get the paperwork all sorted and signed. Here's the quick and dirty:

Car at invoice (w/ dest.) = $27,063

Figuring about a 3% holdback and stuff, dealer prolly out for about $26,2xx for the car invoiced.

One dealer of the three gave me the lowest price of $26,4xx (w/ dest).

Do you think the dealer's price is a good one? Should I attempt to haggle down even lower? Given the huge amount of savings from MSRP for myself, do you think this is fair for the dealer a little bit?

Any comments welcome, thanks :)

Subaru bucks is for having a Subaru MCard right? And loyalty cash? Was that a then current promotion or something I should look into now? I currently own a 2004 WRX.

Yes, Subaru bucks was from their Mastercard. Loyalty cash was a certificate they mailed me which was given if I bought a new Subaru before a certain date (for me, it was before Aug. 1st)

do you guys feel that Doc fees are a bunch of BS and should not be paid? just trying to think of a good way to phrase that if i have to argue over it. I already know to reject etching, sealants, and the rest of the crap they push. lol.

do you guys feel that Doc fees are a bunch of BS and should not be paid? just trying to think of a good way to phrase that if i have to argue over it. I already know to reject etching, sealants, and the rest of the crap they push. lol.

Doc fees are a bunch of BS. They pay for their free lunches. They will try to say that they are mandatory and that you have to pay them. If you say no long enough and threaten to walk out they might play ball.

WEEEE, I pick up my car in two days :D

a very basic question.. I opted to transfer my plates and registration from my old vehicle to the new LGT and I know the dealer would/should be taking care of this with DMV. However when I pick up the car, do I need to bring my plates from my old vehicle and put them on the new car or will the dealer still give me that yellow temporary registration to stick in the window? I am in NJ if that matters.. thanks.

When my dad bought his car in NJ they didn't let him put his old plates on. Gave him a temporary sticker then DMV sent him new plates. When I bought my car here in NY they gave me plates when I picked up my car.

WEEEE, I pick up my car in two days :D

a very basic question.. I opted to transfer my plates and registration from my old vehicle to the new LGT and I know the dealer would/should be taking care of this with DMV. However when I pick up the car, do I need to bring my plates from my old vehicle and put them on the new car or will the dealer still give me that yellow temporary registration to stick in the window? I am in NJ if that matters.. thanks.

Archived