LegacyGT.com

paint possiblity

slowlane

ok so we got a 06 lgt wagon red had it now for 4 months gotta big ding and paint divit on the right rear quarter panel well looking to get that dent taken out and paint fix so i was think while that car is getting whats needed done why not do something else, the car came with that chrome-ish strip along the bottom rocker panel thing not a big fan of it but couldn't do anything bout it dealer said he couldn't switch it anyway i was thinking it have that painted black as well as the strip over the license paint on the rear hatch and the chrome on the grill as well but is having those plastic chrome-ish pieces ok will the paint last or will it chip and look crappy after a year or so, i'm think'n with the windows tinted and those accent pieces black that car would look better just my opinion any thoughts on painting them....... can that bottom chrome strip be removed to do that?

I have a red sedan and have been debating putting the chrome strip rocker panel on the car... but not decided, because most of the rest of the car is blacked out, including the wheels. But the grille has chrome trim, so at least something would complement it...

The rockers I have are just red, without the chrome strip. I'd possibly consider a trade, but my car is a daily driver, and I can't have it off the road, waiting on parts at this moment...

I don't think the wagon and sedan rockers panels are different, but one might want to check on that first...

Archived