LegacyGT.com

S204 vs Lambo vs C6 Z06 vs R34 GT-R (Best Motoring video)

I don't know why the Z06 didn't leave them all as soon as the road straightened out. 500 hp and 127+ mph traps means it has enough power to make the others look stupid.

Obviously the control of AWD has its uses but come on - WOT in a 320hp car can only do so much vs. 500 hp.

tsukuba circuit has the lowest trap speed out of all the major tracks in japan. The reason why Best motoring uses this track because most of japan's cars have a speed limiter and if they used tracks like fuji speedway, then European/American cars would have the advantage.

Tsukuba's straights are very, very short, and corner exit speeds have a huge effect. And while big power still is an advantage, its power x gearing - the S204 has much shorter gears than every other car there. On a long circuit like Twin Ring Motegi or Fuji Speedway, it would be much different, but on something short and twisty like Tsukuba...

Another thing to keep in mind is that the S204 is probably much more driveable on the street for this same reason. I've driven the Z-tune GT-R, and the S204 feels to have a slight edge on real (twisty) roads. A large amount of exotics performance is only approachable on a fast race track.

Cheers,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com | http://www.sevenphotos.com

I actually like Best Motoring ALOT. I mean what other reviewing car show would throw all those cars on the track AT THE SAME TIME? And actually drive the heck out of them.

The S204 had Tsuchiya as a driver and he's arguably the BEST driver on that show. Couple that with the fact that the Z-Tune and Z06 were "battling" at just about every corner on that track trapping the Murc behind them and you'll see why it stayed in the lead.

Hasn't the Z tune ran 10.8 in the 1/4?

I think I saw that figure as well. However, I'm not sure just how fast the S204 is in a straight line (it might be capable of an upper 12 second 1/4 mile pass). It's rated at 320hp, but that figure 'could' be under-rated. Also, does anyone know the curb weight of the S204? How much heavier is it than Spec-C?

Archived